Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know flu season is upon us. Cold and flu season is always a concern for mamas, and, yes, this year with the fear of H1N1, it’s an even bigger concern. One way to prevent and treat cold symptoms is to use a humidifier. Indeed, earlier this year, an Oregon State University study found that in “low-humidity conditions, the influenza virus is more likely survive, possibly giving it a better shot at spreading from person to person and making its way to you.” In other words, keeping the air a bit humid, such as with the use of a humidifier, might help prevent the spread of the flu. (Read the article on CNN Health.)
Crane was founded on the belief that design is an attitude and the home is a personal expression of an individual’s lifestyle. Our products are functional, efficient and communicate an appreciation for good design.
High Quality Humidifiers
If your little one has ever had the cold or flu, you know there’s often no antibiotic or medicine to treat it. I seriously think every time my kiddos have been sick, the doctor has suggested using a humidifier. It’s just one of those things you have to have for baby’s first year and beyond.
Before we received the Crane Cool Mist Humidifier, I knew it would look adorable, but I didn’t realize how much I would like the function of the humidifier. Upon opening the box, the assembly and user instructions were quite simple, and it was obvious this humidifier was different from the cheap-o ones we’ve used in the past. For example, the water tank fits easily under a typical bathroom sink, and then you screw on a top that only releases water when in place in the humidifier. So, yes, you can fill and prepare the humidifier for use without spilling water all over the house!
Another great benefit is that the Crane humidifier does not require a filter. It’s an option if you have hard water, but it’s not necessary. And, frankly, I’d rather not worry about when to change a filter if I don’t have to.
Additional Features I Love
* The Crane humidifier runs quiet! Like, very quiet.
* Adjustable output. All my other humidifiers have had on / off switches, that’s it. In addition to an on / off switch (in the back out of reach of little hands), the Crane humidifier has a knob that turns to adjust the output strength. The range of moisture output on this is pretty dramatic and is up to 2.1 gallon output a day. It’s really a nice feature.
* Auto off feature when the humidifier is out of water.
* No leaking. I’ve always put a towel under other humidifiers to protect the surface its on. Crane recommends NOT using a towel to avoid overheating and it hasn’t been an issue. It’s on my son’s dresser and there’s been no leaking or unwanted moisture gathering on the wood surface.
Seriously, these humidifiers could not be any cuter. We have the Pig design and it’s just one of the cute animals from the Adorable Animals collection. The function is well integrated into the design and the cool mist comes from the Pig’s ears. It’s really quite adorable.
To Buy… If it’s possible to love a humidifier, I love this one. The style is adorable and perfectly suited for a nursery or child’s room, and the function is top notch. If you need a humidifier, which you probably will, you might as well get one that is high quality and looks good, too.
Or Not to Buy… I can’t think of a reason NOT to buy. Seriously, I tried.
Win! A Crane Humidifier. Pick from one of the following: cow, pig, dragon, panda or penguin.
How to Enter: Visit Crane and take a look around. Come back here and leave a comment telling me your favorite style.
Bonus Entries – only valid after you complete the first mandatory entry:
* Follow The Shopping Mama on Twitter and tweet this: Flu got you down? WIN a Crane humidifier @TheShoppingMama http://bit.ly/1oUfh8
* Blog about giveaway including a link to this post and Crane for TEN entries
* Post the Holiday Gift Guide button on your blog
* Add The Shopping Mama to your blog roll
* Follow The Shopping Mama in Google Friends Connect
* Subscribe to The Shopping Mama in email or a reader
The Fine Print: Please leave a valid email in the comments or your Blogger profile so that I can contact you if you win. If you prefer, you may email me directly with your contact information after leaving valid comments. Open to US mailing addresses. Giveaway ends November 4. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Thank you to Crane for providing a sample for the purposes of this review and a product for the giveaway. The opinions expressed here are mine and uninfluenced by receipt of product. Others may have a different experience.