For as long as I can remember, the first day of school meant picking a special outfit. As I got older my technique changed and I wore my favorite outfit on the SECOND day of school. My theory was that everyone was pulling out their best for day one so I’d wow everyone on day two. And clearly I spent WAY too much time thinking about what I wore. Some things never change. Although, now I’m more likely to spend way to much time thinking about what my kids wear. And clearly they must wear something special on their first days of school this year.
As the big day rapidly approaches it’s time to shop for our kids’ special first day outfits. We’ve noticed a growing trend of custom first day of school shirts. To be honest, we’re not sure how we feel about them. Is it too much or just the right touch of personalization to commemorate an important day?
Personalized First Day of School Shirts
Even though we’re on the fence about this trend, we rounded up our favorite first day of school shirts. You have to admit, they’re pretty hard to resist!
Click on the image to scroll through and see our favorite shirts. Click the links below to shop.
- First Grade Rocks Shirt by Polka Dot Fairy Designs
- Apple Applique Shirt by London Stitches
- Apple Bookworm Shirt by Southern Belle Bows
- Apple Tee by Em Tanner Designs
- Bookworm Shirt by Aidille
- Class of 202? Shirt by Bebe Boutiques
- First Day of School Shirt by Creations by Lisa McGrath
- My New Grade is a Hoot Shirt by My Duck Duck Goose
- Peace Love School Shirt by DC Stitches
- Personalized Pencil Shirt by London Stitches
- Rockstar Shirt by The Pecking Order