If you’re anything like us, you have a major case of cabin fever. We are itching to get outside and can’t wait for spring to arrive. Even if the weather isn’t cooperating at the moment, we’re helping you shop for essentials for your adventures. We’ve rounded stylish gear for a family picnic so you can make the most of your life on the go.
1. JJ Cole Collections All-Purpose Blanket ($30). Durable fabric goes on the ground and the inside (where you sit) wipes clean easily. Folds compactly with a handle so it travels easily. Lightweight and perfect to keep in the car or toss in a stroller basket.
2. Vera Bradley Large Colorblock Tote ($65). The colorblocking trend has reached the floral world of Vera Bradley – and it can be monogrammed so there’s never a doubt about who owns this beauty. Even with the dainty color details, this is a workhouse and perfect to carry along your essentials for a family day out.
3. ZoLi Stuck Suction Bowl Feeding Set ($19). Everything your little one needs to eat a very civilized meal on the ground at the park. Who are we kidding? That’s never how it actually plays out for us! But, hey, this awesome ZoLi set does include a bowl, a divided plate, spoon, fork and a top to contain it all.
4. PackIt Large Insulated Cooler Bag ($24). This bag IS the cooler so you don’t need separate freezer or ice packs to keep food cool. Fold this up, place it in the freezer and then pack it up when you’re ready to go. It keeps food cool for ten hours – plenty of time for a family outing.
5. 2 Red Hens Studio Snack Pack Set ($17). We love snack bags, but we hate digging in them to get food and then clean them out. The 2 Red Hens set zippers on 3 sides so it can open flat for easy access.
6. Classic Babiator Sunglasses ($35). Hopefully your picnic will be sun-soaked so protect your little one with fabulous Babiators. Available in infant and child sizes.
7. Skip*Hop Zoo Straw Bottle ($6). The darling Skip*Hop Zoo collection has made its way to functional straw cups. The straw flips down to stay clean and the handy strap attaches to keep the cup near.
8. Skip Hop Pronto! Changing Station ($34). We love the Pronto! because it contains everything you need to change baby’s diaper on the go, and most importantly a clean place to lay baby (or squirmy toddler).
9. Urban Baby ModBonnet ($36). One of our summer favorites, the Urban Baby Bonnet is fabulous. Available in a variety of fabrics, this reversible bonnet can be worn with the bill extended or folded.
Get the best sun protection for your little one. Check the list of safest sunscreens for children.