Sending your little one off to Mom’s Day Out or Preschool for the first time has many inherent challenges – for mom and toddler. With our help, picking the best backpack won’t be one of those challenges. We’ve picked our best in class packs for preschool – the best backpack and matching lunch box sets around.
These backpacks will stand up your toddler’s wear and tear (ie. dragging down the school hallway) and still look great in action. Invest in these trusted brands and the packs will last a few years until it’s time to upgrade to a bigger pack for kindergarten.
1. SoYoung Toddler Backpack + Lunch Bag ($65). Modern and sleek with smart design features. We love the simple designs with everything from giraffe (pictured) to a robot to three pink birds.
2. Pottery Barn Kids Mackenzie Mini Backpack ($29.50) + Classic Lunch Box ($22.50). PBK is a powerhouse for children’s luggage and backpacks with a wide range of designs and sizes.
3. Skip Hop Zoo Pack ($20) + Lunchie ($14)*. This super affordable set is popular for a reason – it’s great quality with the cutest little animals you’ve ever seen. We have the Owl and can’t get enough of the Fox (pictured).
*For a limited time, save $5 when you buy the set from Amazon.
4. Stephen Joseph SideKicks Backpack + Lunchbox Set ($39.99). Stephen Joseph continues to create fun and whimsical gear for kids, including the SideKicks collection. The colorful packs are so fun that your kids will love the back as much as you love the quality for the price.
5. Garnet Hill Backpack Jr. ($34.95) + Lunch Pack ($18.95). Packed with eye-catching fabric combinations and loaded with features, the Garnet Hill backpacks are definitely worth a look. We like that they are large enough to carry a standard size folder but built with little bodies in mind.
**Until September 3, get a FREE Lunch Pack with the purchase of a Backpack.
6. Lands’ End Classmate Small Backpack ($34) + Soft Sided Lunch Box ($19). Add your child’s monogram to make this set truly his own.