When doing some last minute shopping for my daughter’s birthday I discovered the Ever After High dolls. The fairy tale characters from our childhood (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Goldie Locks, Cinderella etc) are all grown up and this is the story of their kids. This next generation of fairy tale characters are in High School and following their destiny as either a Royal or a Rebel to continue the fairy tales.
Mattel created the line after the success of Monster High (the parent line to Ever After High). Our family has never gotten into Monster High dolls, our daughter just wasn’t quite old enough. But I think these Ever After High dolls are practically irresistible. I may have to start collecting them for my daughter. Snow White is her favorite princess so I’ll probably have to start with Apple White.
Ever After High Doll Characters
The dolls are separated into two groups. The Royals who want to follow their predetermined destinies, and The Rebels who don’t like the destinies that await them and want to create their own destinies.
- Apple White – daughter of Snow White
- Ashlynn Ella – daughter of Cinderella
- Briar Beauty – daughter of Sleeping Beauty
- Blondie Lockes – daughter of Goldie Locks
- Daring Charming – son of King Charming
- Madeline Hatter – daughter of The Mad Hatter
- Raven Queen – daughter of the Evil Queen
- Cerise Hood - daughter of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.
- Ceder Wood – daughter of Pinocchio
- Hunter Huntsman – son of the Huntsman
- …and others.
Each doll comes with cute and fashionable accessories that little girls will love, like Apple’s apple purse, Briar’s thorny tights and Madeline’s teapot shoes.
I can’t decide which one I like the best. Although I have to admit, I personally love the quirkiness of Madeline Hatter. She is pretty darn cute!