Holiday traditions are something I cherish. We love making memories together as a family. One of our favorite Easter traditions is dying eggs together (hopefully outside if the weather is nice). To me, Easter and dying eggs just goes hand in hand. In our house everyone gets their own dozen eggs to decorate and dye however they want, even my husband!
But, as kids get older the simple box of dye and cups of colored water isn’t going to be as exciting as it used to be. They still want the tradition but with more creative ways to do it. Here are 15 fun and exciting ways you and your kids can create some colorful eggs this Easter and keep those simple holiday traditions going!
- Melted Crayon Easter Eggs – SAS Interiors
- Lace Easter Eggs – Celebrating Everyday Life
- Metallic Dipped Easter Eggs – Better Homes and Gardens
- Subway Art Eggs – Lil Luna
- Glitter Dot Eggs – A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Dinosaur Eggs – Our Best Bites
- Glow In The Dark Eggs – Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Drizzle Eggs – Better Homes and Gardens
- Shaving Cream Easter Eggs – A Thrifty Mom
- Watercolor Eggs – No Wooden Spoons
- Paper Napkin Decoupage Eggs – Brown Paper Packages
- Gold Leaf Eggs – Little Inspiration
- Chalkboard Eggs – Lisa Morefield
- Kool Aid Easter Eggs – Hey Jen Renee
- Kaleidoscope Eggs – Sparkle Pants Girl
You may also like this Silhouette Stenciled Easter Egg Tutorial for The Shopping Mama by Le Papier Studio.