Some things will just always and inevitably be rushed in my life. There – I said it, I admit it, I own it…and I’m totally okay with it!
While there are some things in life that I’m really good at, I think one of my most notable accomplishments is becoming really great at working under pressure. Our mornings are usually pretty busy in this house and while I’m thankful they do run really smoothly, most of the time, I think it’s because we have our little routine just set in stone.
Groundhog Day, if you will?
And, while the little wheels are turning from 6:30 am until 7:30 am when we all hustle out the door, I still make an effort to give my face a quick wash and a 5-minute make up routine with products that make getting ready in the morning both quick and easy. I can assure you I have little time for anything complicated!
Here’s what my 5 minute make-up routine looks like every day!
1. Wash face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It’s a lightweight and non-irritating face wash that wipes away the 8 hours (yea, right…) of sleep I got the night before. A clean slate is the best way to start.
2. Clinique Super Primer is a lightweight formula that goes on really quick just using my fingers and it works as base to set the few products I use that day. It makes my foundation last longer and it’s less likely to smudge and fade throughout the day.
3. Clinique Even Better Foundation is wonderful because it’s super lightweight and is build-able in coverage. You can use however much you need to get your desired look. It evens and corrects all in one and feels lightweight throughout the day. You can even use a lightweight powder over top if you like a more matte finish. This one also comes with an SPF 15 if you don’t plan on spending too much time in the sun. I love all-in-one products!
4. Clinique Cheek Pop does just what the name tells you : gives your cheeks a POP! I just use a simple blusher brush and a few light sweeps gives me a pinch of color right on the top of my cheeks. I change the colors throughout the year but because fall is upon us, I love this coral color.
5. Benefit “They’re Real” is a great little mascara that goes on easy, curls and lengthens without an eyelash curler, and it’s waterproof so it will stay put all day long. I love the darkest black color only because I think it makes the whites of my eyes pop and just that extra color helps when you don’t wear any shadow or liner that day.
6. Mac Lip Glass is my long time favorite lip gloss/lip tint in one. I wear less lipstick when I’m on the go, but just as a personal preference, and it’s easy to reapply throughout the day. They have so many colors to choose from and I either grab just a sheer pink or a sheer nude color. No lip liner and I like I said, I can apply it without using a mirror because the wand is small and lightweight.
In just 6 easy steps, I’m able to refresh my face and in turn, face the day! When looking for fast and easy products in the morning, I always look for things that have multiple steps combined into one so I can basically consolidate what might take 10 products down to maybe 5 or 6. I also look for products that are known to protect and last throughout the day. This small handful of beauty essentials make our otherwise rushed routine each morning just a little bit easier.
Don’t forget to share with us the products you know and love that make your morning routine quick and easy!
Ever curious about how other women are doing it? Check out these other 5 minute makeup routines:
Jodi from Mom’s Favorite Stuff, Nicole from Momtrends, Whitney from Mommies With Style, Danielle from Extraordinary Mommy, Melissa from Married My Sugar Daddy, Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewife, and Laura from Hollywood Housewife.
The Shopping Mama was not paid for this post.