Both of my children (ages 3.5 and 1) slept until 7 AM. For FOURTEEN consecutive days.
It was amazing. It was miraculous. It was a TOTAL joke.
You see, my husband and I got cocky. We started going to bed a bit later at night. We started enjoying this extra time.We started relying on it. We started expecting a few more hours to “sleep in” each morning. (Ha!)
And then Day 15 happened.
I shot straight up out of a dead sleep and looked at the clock. It read, 4:55 AM.
“It’s mawning time! I wanna get outta here.”
It was not even the crack of dawn, yet, and my three year old was ready and rearing to go.
I managed to pop his Binky (don’t judge) and coax him back down for another 30 minutes or so, but I knew then and there that our much-relished two-week run was over. By 6 AM both babies were up and active and demanding attention, toys, TV, breakfast, milk, “awrange” juice… you name it. [Insert heavy sigh.] We kicked off 2016 with a streak of sleep. And just as suddenly and randomly as it began, it ended.
I’d like to say that my goal is to get more sleep in the new year. But, the reality is: my kids are the bosses of bedtime—and the earls or early rising. So, unless I want to hit the hay at 9 PM nightly, more sleep is just not in the cards for me. But one thing I can strive for is better sleep. I can try to sleep sounder and sleep deeper to make the most of the hours I actually do have in bed. I’d like to strive for quantity and quality, but, as a mom, I can’t always have it all. And, for now, these products will help enhance my limited slumber…
Until the next 7 AM streak! Fingers crossed.
1. iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask, $35: This sleep mask is infused with copper oxide fibers that are clinically proven to diminish lines and wrinkles and produce a smoother complexion in just a few weeks time. Satiny and soft, this 249-thread-count cushiony mask blocks out light, provides optimal comfort, and enhances the overall appearance of skin—it’s a win-win-win in my book!
2. illuminage Skin-Rejuvenating Pillowcase, $60: When your face comes into contact with the copper ions on this pillowcase, they transfer moisture into the outer layers of the skin, promoting self-renewal. Cool and soft to the touch, it helps reduce wrinkles and smooths skin while you sleep.
3. Jawbone UP3, $180: This wearable sync-able device accurately monitors deep, light, and REM sleep to give you a better idea of your nightly routine. It also offers customized tips based on results.
4. L’Occitane Relaxing Pillow Mist, $20: Essential oils like lavender, bergamont, sweet orange, and geranium stimulate the nose, relax the body, and calm the mind. Spritz a bit on your pillow to create a soothing, ambient sleep environment.
5. Bliss Fat Girl Sleep, $38: Nourish your skin, while you zzz! This rich cream helps to firm skin while you sleep. And with ingredients that include sacred lotus flower, red algae extract, and lavender, it helps promote restful sleep.
6. Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier, $129: Filter out airborne allergens, bacteria, pet hair and dander, dust, pollen, and more to improve the quality of the air your breathing in your sleep.
7. Your Tea Sleep Tea, $25: Sip on this delightful tea before bed to reduce stress and anxiety. With lily, lotus, lavender, licorice root, and more, it can calm digestion and relax the mind before you hit the sack.
8. Philips Wake-Up Light, $125: Inspired by nature’s sunrise, this alarm clock uses light therapy and sound to wake you in a more natural way—in the slim chance the kids don’t get to you first!
This is not a sponsored post. It may contain affiliate links. All opinions are our own.