The Shopping Mama is the online destination for moms who want to be in style and in the know.
The Shopping Mama™ was founded by Kate Marsh Lord in January of 2009 to share the latest and greatest in gear, clothes and toys for kids. After graduating law school and moving around the world with her Air Force husband, Kate settled down and had three beautiful little ones. The children changed her online motivation from researching legal issues to tracking down the best in everything for kids from strollers to monogrammed onesies. Kate is proud to partner with several brands as an ambassador and has blogged around the web on Bravado Designs and The BabyCenter Blog.
Kate expanded The Shopping Mama™ team beginning in 2010 to include additional reviewers and writers to meet the growing demand and expectations of an expanding audience. The Shopping Mama has grown to “[O]ne of the more successful online ‘mommy blogs’ that review new children’s products and swap ideas with other young mothers across the country.” (Financial Times, May 2010) In May 2014, The Shopping Mama was ranked in the top 20 Mom Blogs by Cision Media.
In 2014, powerhouse blog Momtrends acquired The Shopping Mama. Momtrends Media properties reach 500,000 influential moms each month. Email Brooke Stewart at Power Moms Media to connect your brand with our engaged audience.
The original Shopping Mama who aims to keep moms in style and in the know.
5 Fun Facts about Kate:
1. Kate went to a women’s college and would love for her daughter to experience a single sex education experience, too.
2. Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, Kate is a fierce Ohio State Buckeyes fan. O-H!
3. During law school (and before the responsibility of providing actual food for a family), Kate survived on a diet of Mike & Ikes and Baked Lay’s.
4. Kate and her family love to travel and have visited 11 counties in the last year and a half.
5. She is borderline “Hoarders” material as she develops an unnatural attachment to all baby gear and children’s clothing her family has the pleasure of using.