The Top 5 Baby Pillows for Flat heads Reviewed
Flat head syndrome, also known as positional plagiocephaly, commonly occurs in infants with stiff neck muscles which make it difficult for them to turn their heads, causing them to sleep in the same position.
While mild cases are likely to improve on their own as your baby grows, a baby pillow can be used to help prevent and cure the occurrence of a flat head.
We have browsed the market and selected our top five picks of the best baby pillows on the market. You will also find a handy buyer’s guide below outlining our top tips for choosing the best pillow to prevent or cure flat heads.
If you are in a hurry, we have selected our top pick for you below.
Best Baby Pillows for Flat heads
For our top choice, we have selected the W WelLifes baby pillow which is suitable for newborns and offers protection against flat head syndrome.
Made with organic cotton and breathable 3D air mesh, the construction of this pillow keeps the cool air in the summer, and the warm air in the winter. The sponge filling reinforces the durability and comfort of this cushion.
Designed with a concave center, this baby pillow prevents the occurrence of flat head syndrome and as a hypoallergenic product, it is less likely to cause irritations amongst newborns with sensitive skin.
As a soft pillow, it supplies lots of comfort to your little one, while still providing the essential support that is needed to keep your baby’s head in proper alignment. The design of this pillow intends to evenly distribute the pressure over your baby’s skull whilst they are laying on their backs and this helps the development of the correct head shape.
- As a compact pillow, it is ideal for parent’s on the go as it can be used as an insert for swings, bouncers, and cradles, etc.
- The 3D breathable mesh allows the air to circulate through the pillow easily to provide comfort to your newborn.
- This pillow comes with a 100% risk-free guarantee so if you are unsatisfied with your purchase you will receive a refund.
- Made out of organic cotton, this pillow is also hypoallergenic which is ideal for newborns with sensitive skin.
- The curved concave evenly distributes the weight in your baby’s skull helping to prevent the occurrence of flat head syndrome.
- This baby pillow is particularly small so may not be an ideal choice for those looking for one slightly larger.
- Breathable sequential 3D-air Mesh construction keeps air in the summer and warm air in the winter. Well ventilated 3D Cool Air mesh fabric is used for the back. The front side is 100% Organic Cotton fabric bonded with sponge and it reinforce a sense of durability and cushioning.
- Made from using Organic Cotton Fabric Textiles Cover. Acquired the organic international certification such as GOTS (Global Textile Standard) organic farming certification.
- Cute baby pillow with concave center for flat head prevention And 100% Hypoallergenic 3D Air Mesh filling
- Measures approximately Width 12.6 X Height 9.5 inches
- 100% RISK-FREE GUARANTEE – We want to ensure you are getting the best value possible. We are committed to your satisfaction. We hope you are happy with your purchase. When you click the add to cart button, you have our promise that you'll be satisfied or we'll send you a prompt refund. No questions asked!
tion that is hypoallergenic too. An ideal choice for little ones who have sensitive skin.
The fabrics used are breathable for increased comfort and ventilation as well as being free of bleaches, dyes, or printing.
As a double-sided pillow, your baby can sleep on both sides and the animal design makes this an exciting addition, becoming a favorite for your baby to lie on. This pillow comes in handy for many uses whether this is in the stroller, bassinet, or play mat, helping to promote the natural development of your baby’s skull.
This pillow is suitable for hand washing or machine washing on a gentle cycle, although you should avoid any contact with hot water as this may result in a deterioration in the quality of the pillow.
- This pillow is available in a variety of exciting animal shapes which your newborn is sure to love.
- This is an eco-friendly option that has been made using 100% natural organic cotton.
- It can be easily washed either by hand or on a gentle machine wash cycle.
- This product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you are not impressed with your product there is a solution available.
- This pillow is soft but sturdy providing your baby with the comfort and support that they need.
- The shape is prone to altering following washing.
- ❤ THE BEST HEALTHY MATERIALS: Super Soft ECO-Friendly 100% Natural Organic Cotton that was naturally finished. Hypoallergenic polyester filling for sensitive skin./ Breathable. Dye Free - Natural Earth Given Color, No Bleaches, No Printing
- ❤ DESIGN: Comfy Functional Design to support the baby head & Prevent flat head syndrome . Double sided with Organic Cotton for an extra use . So baby can sleep on both sides! / SIZE: Measures approximately Width 15 X Height 8 inches (Cloud Lamb / Adorable Design - It will become a favorite animal to sleep with. And will in love with this pillow. This lovely pillow can be used in many ways like during diaper changes, in his bassinet, on his play mat, breastfeeding
- ❤ EASY TO WASH : Recommend Hand Wash ( Cool or Warm at 30 degrees or lower) / For the machine wash: Machine Wash on Gentle. Please do not use hot water./ Recommend using laundry bag- It should be Gentle Cycle ( Cool or Warm at 30 degrees or less) Dry - lay it flat and let it air dry, /Please do not use hot setting. It may shrink at high temperature as it was not chemically treated. / Please Use a mild detergent or nonfluorescent detergent. Please do not use chlorine or oxygen bleach.
- ❤ GUARANTEED -- For 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If for any reason, If you are not Satisfied - Please let us know why and we will fix it and we'll give you a full refund. Please give us an opportunity to make it right for you. Please contact seller: JOHN N TREE Organic
- ❤ ENSURE Organic Cotton Product -- John N Tree Organic baby pillow is global certified ( Seed-Soil-Weed Control-Pest Control-Harvesting-Spinning-knitting and weaving- Sewing - Trading ) by an International certification Control Union.- This renews every year with the strict test result./Certified Organic Number and Label to the product is a title that is given to an item only when strict guidelines, made by The National Organic Standards Board, are met. Trackable Certification Number: CU822202
For our next choice, we have selected the Babymoov Lovenest Baby head support pediatrician designed pillow. Created by a well-known pediatrician this pillow plays a key role in the healthy skull development of your babies.
With a patented design, the pillow evenly distributes pressure over the skull, allowing your baby to move their head friendly. This ultimately creates a cocoon-like holding effect that works to prevent the occurrence of flat head syndrome.
Made using luxurious fabrics, this pillow is soft and breathable providing your baby with great comfort, incorporating an ergonomic design, and the perfect thickness of foam to support your baby’s neck.
Usefully, this pillow is portable and lightweight and a convenient option for parents looking for a pillow to take with them on the go. This pillow is recommended for use from birth as an insert for swings, strollers, baby gyms, etc, intended to maximize the comfort and support surrounding your baby’s head and neck.
As this pillow is made using 100% ultra-soft cotton, this is a comfortable and breathable fabric providing your baby with ideal ventilation.
- Created by pediatricians, this pillow has also been recommended by pediatricians for over 10 years so you can be assured of the quality of the pillow.
- It is easy to clean and can be machine washed on a gentle cycle.
- Retailing at a reasonable price, this is a very affordable pillow.
- This pillow can be used from birth to promote healthy skull development.
- This pillow has been designed to create a cocoon-like effect to evenly distribute the pressure in your baby’s skull.
- Due to the material used, the baby’s head can sometimes be prone to sliding off the pillow.
- THE ORIGINAL SINCE 2005: Created by well-known pediatrician Dr. Manuel Maidenberg, the Lovenest has proven for over a decade to play a key role in babies' healthy skull development
- THE SOLUTION TO PREVENT FLAT-HEAD SYNDROME: Its patented design distributes pressure evenly over the skull while letting babies move their head freely. This creates a unique cocoon-like holding effect that effectively helps prevent postural plagiocephaly
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE FOR BABY: The Lovenest is made out of luxurious and breathable fabric, gentle on baby's skin and providing great comfort.
- EASY USE WITH ALL BABY GEAR: Portable and lightweight, the Lovenest is recommended from birth as an insert for a bassinet, swing, bouncer, baby gym, stroller and more to maximize the head and neck support babies need
- EASY CARE: The Lovenest is easy to clean and can be machine-washed on gentle cycle
Next up we have selected the Sweeterbaby Baby Pillow. The design and structure of this pillow work to prevent the occurrence of flat head syndrome creating the perfect position for your baby to lay comfortably.
Made using bamboo memory foam fabric, your baby is going to be provided with the necessary support needed to keep their head in perfect alignment. As it is covered in organic cotton, this pillow is smooth and soft against your baby’s skin and as it has never been treated with chemicals, it is an ideal choice for babies that have sensitive skin.
Conveniently, this pillow is easy to use too, it can simply be inserted into their crib, car seat, stroller, and anywhere else where your baby’s head needs to be supported when they lay down. This is great for ensuring that their head is properly positioned, eliminating the occurrence of flat head syndrome.
The design of this pillow also ensures that your baby can sleep in a comfortable position without any obstructions that could affect their breathing.
- This pillow has been designed to prevent and cure flat heads, and customer reviews highlight that it has been successful in doing so.
- A versatile pillow that can easily be used in your baby’s crib, car seat, play mat, stroller, etc.
- As this pillow is made using organic cotton, it is an ideal choice for babies with sensitive skin as it isn’t going to cause irritations.
- The memory foam ensures that this is soft and comfortable for your baby to lay on.
- This pillow is a little small which could result in the baby’s head sliding off.
- Washing can be a little difficult as machine washing can cause it to lose its shape and it is also a little difficult to dry.
- 💙 PROTECT YOUR BABY – Prevent your little one from obtaining a flat head! Our Sweeterbaby infant pillow is designed to keep your newborn’s head in alignment with their spine. This, along with the structure of our pillow creates perfect positioning for your little one! Prevent your baby’s head from being misshaped by using our pillow!
- 💛 COMFORTABLE – Soft and supple, bamboo memory foam provides an amazing amount of comfort while still providing the necessary support to keep your infant’s head in perfect alignment. This pillow gives your baby the gentle and supportive positioning that he or she needs.
- 💙 SAFE & GENTLE – Covered with organic cotton, our Sweeterbaby infant pillow is created to feel soft and smooth against your newborn’s skin. Made with cotton that was never treated with chemicals, this pillow is the perfect companion for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- 💛 USE ANYWHERE – Easy to use, this pillow will help correct your baby’s head position in a wide variety of places such as the crib, bed, car seat, stroller, and anywhere your infant’s head needs to be properly positioned.
- 💙 REVITALIZING SLEEP – A growing infant needs high quality sleep to grow into a healthy child. Our Sweeterbaby baby pillow is designed to cradle your infants head in the perfect sleeping position, allowing unobstructed breathing for a deep revitalizing sleep.
For our final choice, we have selected the AcroBat memory foam baby pillow. Recommended by pediatricians, the 3D hollow design works to prevent and cure the development of flat head.
Made using 100% organic cotton and 3D air mesh, this pillow is ideal for babies with sensitive skin, and with effective ventilation it will keep the cool air in the summer and the warm air in the winter, allowing a healthy flow of air to circulate at all times.
The use of slow rebound memory foam creates a hollow design, keeping your baby comfortable whilst positioning their head correctly. By effectively supporting them, the pressure on their neck and heads is reduced and the skull is more evenly balanced.
Designed to cradle your baby’s head, your baby will have access to high-quality sleep, keeping their heads in the perfect position so that they can sleep without any obstructions to their breathing.
- Retailing at an affordable price this is an excellent choice for those on a budget.
- Made with 100% organic cotton, this is a hypoallergenic pillow that is an ideal choice for babies with sensitive skin.
- Customers who have used this pillow noted an improvement in their baby’s flat heads.
- The 3D design works to relieve the pressure on your baby’s head providing them with comfort.
- The pillowcase has antibacterial, breathable, and hygroscopic functions so it remains clean and ventilated.
- The pillow is a little small which may result in some baby’s heads slipping off making it uncomfortable for your baby.
- ✔Prevent Flat Head✔ Do you baby have flat head syndrome?Don't let your baby suffer such regret.Recommended by pediatrician designed the 3D hollow baby pillows to protect of the head and support neck scientifically.
- ✔Organic Cotton Fabric✔Breathable sequential 3D-air mesh construction keeps cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. 100% Organic Cotton fabric bonded with sponge and it reinforce a sense of durability and cushioning.All our cotton fabric cover was certified by USA.Protect your baby's delicate skin with a hypoallergenic testand.
- ✔Baby Head Shaping Pillow✔ AtoBaby baby pillows feature top grade slow-rebound soft memory foam mix curved hollow design to ensure comfort while effectively shaping the head shape, supporting the head, reducing the pressure on the neck and spine.
- ✔Revitalizing Sleep✔ A growing infant needs high quality sleep to grow into a healthy child. Our Atobaby baby pillow is designed to cradle your infants head in the perfect sleeping position, allowing unobstructed breathing for a deep revitalizing sleep
- ✔Fits Anywhere✔This pillow is easy to use and can help correct the baby's head position in various locations such as a properly positioned crib, bed, car seat, stroller, and baby's head.
Best Baby Pillow for Flat head – Buyer’s Guide
To find the best pillow for your baby, there are some criteria to consider to ensure that you select a good quality pillow that is comfortable and safe for your baby and effective in treating flat head syndrome.
We have listed some of these factors for you below, abiding by these ensures that you are going to be fully equipped with all the knowledge for choosing the best product.
The materials used to create the pillow is very important. You will find that most are hypoallergenic using organic materials that are suitable for babies with sensitive skin as there is a reduced risk of the pillow causing any reactions or irritations. Cotton also tends to be nice and soft which makes it smooth and comfortable against your baby’s skin. In regards to the infill of the pillow, memory foam is a common choice. This tends to be the favored material used by manufacturers as it molds to the shape of your baby’s head whilst offering them support and ensuring that their heads remain in the correct positioning.
The size of the pillow is important as this influences how comfortable the pillow is for your baby. A pillow that is too small for their head is likely to result in their heads slipping out of place possibly resulting in them sleeping in an uncomfortable position. A decent-sized pillow is going to be effective in keeping your baby’s head in a comfortable position. Aside from this, you may prefer a smaller pillow if you are a parent that is regularly on the go as they can be used in cribs, strollers, bassinets, or on play mats. This ensures that your baby’s head is always supported when on their backs regardless of the surface that they are laying on.
Of course, the comfort of your child is the utmost priority, as your baby must maintain a comfortable position when this pillow is in use. Opting for a pillow that is either too firm or too soft may result in discomfort for your child. It is also necessary to note that an uncomfortable pillow may result in your child’s head slipping from this pillow as they sleep. One that is too high is likely to result in your baby’s heads and necks being forced into an uncomfortable position. It is necessary to select a pillow with a healthy balance. A soft pillow, which is also firm, is going to ensure that your baby is comfortable whilst providing them with all of the support that they need.
The shape is another feature that tends to vary between the brands. However, they tend to incorporate a similar design. The center of the pillow typically features a hole that provides a space to position your baby’s head. This creates a sort of hollow concave surrounding their heads which then prevents them from repeatedly sleeping on a particular side. Whilst some may be more exciting than others incorporating fun designs or patterns, they must conform to the shape that is going to be the most supportive for your baby’s head.
A breathable pillow is very beneficial in enhancing the comfort of your child, as this allows the cool air to circulate in the summer and the warm air to circulate in the winter. This creates a comfortable environment for your baby.
Ease to Clean
It is necessary to expect your baby’s pillow to become dirty often, at a young age they are likely to dribble or have other accidents which may dirty the pillow, hence why a pillow that is easy to clean is beneficial. While most claim to be machine washable, this is not the case with all pillows. Some are prone to becoming misshapen as a result and others can take a considerable length of time to dry afterward. It is important to adhere to the instructions provided by the manufacturer in regards to the cleaning process. Some may be solely suitable for hand washing, whilst others may be suitable for both. It is normally recommended to wash the pillow on a gentle cycle in the washing machine as this is less likely to result in the deformation of the pillow shape.
The majority of baby pillows tend to retail at reasonable prices. Some will be slightly more expensive than others although this isn’t a noticeably drastic difference. You will find some great choices of good quality baby pillows retailing at very affordable prices, ideal for those who have particular budgets in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do pillows help baby’s with flat heads?
There are many pillows on the market that claim to cure flat heads. Whilst some create visible results, with others it is less noticeable. It is necessary to pay attention to the reviews of particular products to gain an understanding as to whether these pillows are beneficial in curing and preventing flathead. You may find some flat head pillows to be more effective than others. Whilst pillows can be helpful, a flathead is likely to correct itself as your baby grows.
What causes flat heads in babies?
When babies are born, their heads are very soft and malleable, most babies tend to sleep on the same sides of their heads every night in the very same spot of the mattress. As a result flat head syndrome can occur. It is caused by tight muscles which make it difficult for your babies to turn their heads, hence why they end up sleeping in the same position when lying down.
When can babies use head shaping pillows?
You will find that many manufacturers market their pillows as suitable for use from birth, whilst there isn’t any research to prove the safety of these pillows, it is important to ensure that your baby’s pillow is suitable for their size and isn’t going to cause any safety issues. Some pillows that are too small for your baby may result in them sliding off the pillow whilst they sleep. If you have any concerns in regards to the safety of using a pillow or your baby’s flat head, it is recommended that you consult your GP.
Last Updated on