The Top 5 Hair Dryers For Thick Hair Reviewed
While most of us would love to have our own personal stylist to come in and blow dry our hair whenever we want, the reality is most of us can’t afford that luxury. Instead we must spend hours in the mirror, blow drying our hair in an effort to get that perfect look.
As you very well know, not all blow dryers are created equal. For instance, the one that works great for your best friend might not necessarily work great for you. It all boils down to your hair type and the look you are trying to accomplish.
Are you looking for more volume or simply trying to get your hair bone straight? No matter what your goal, if you have fine, curly, natural or thick & curly hair, here are the 5 best hair dryers that will help you create your desired look.
Best Hair Dryers For Thick Hair
This dryer is one of the best around, especially for the woman who is constantly traveling. It’s small and compact, yet very powerful. It pumps out 1000 watts and has straightening attachments that work with every hair type. Just attach the one you need and go.
The floating plates are 100% ceramic and can reach 400F. That, in other words, means your hair will look absolutely amazing after you’re done.
- Small, but Mighty. ajika's Mighty Mini Ionic Dryer is a powerful 1000 Watt, dual voltage tool that harnesses the latest technology and innovative materials to deliver results.
- Tourmaline and ceramic components emit far-infrared heat and negative ions, eliminating frizz and delivering smooth style. The result is beautiful, shiny and silky hair.
- To create extra volume, turn head upside down while drying with the finger diffuser attachment.
- 1000 Watts and Dual Voltage 110-240 V for compact, travel-friendly power.
- Travel Airflow Concentrator and Diffuser - for on-the-go styling versatility.
This precision blow drying tool is used by Drybar stylists all across the United States. It’s powerful, light, and will get the job done quick, fast and in a hurry. The Nanolonic Technology quickly breaks up water which reduces the amount of time it takes your hair to dry.
The negative ions emitted from the dryer ensure each hair cuticle is sealed and smooth. This traps moisture inside the hair cause it to shine more and frizz less.
- The ultimate blow drying-tool. Drybar's Buttercup Blow-Dryer has an ultra-powerful 1875 watt motor and Ionic Technology provide a shiny blowout with less frizz in 20% less time than most professional dryers!
- Ionic Technology: Negative ion generator blows billions of negative ions into hair to reduce frizz and add shine while drying.
- Lightweight design (1lb 2oz/.51 kg) allows for comfortable styling.
- 3 heat and 2 power settings allow for the perfect customized blowout.
- Created for the perfect blowout. Our philosophy is simple: Focus on one thing and be the best at it. For us that's blowouts! We created a full line of hair products and tools to achieve and maintain the perfect blowout.
Look good effortlessly with the Allure Turbo 4300. The concentrator nozzle makes styling your hair as easy as pushing a few buttons. To help you save time this dryer uses Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Technology: this technology breaks up water and reduces the amount of time it takes your hair to dry.
To help you look you absolute best this dryer offers users 2 speeds and 3 heat settings. This gives you more control and flexibility with what you can do with your hair.
- Tourmaline/Ceramic/Ionic Technology
- Protects hair form heat damage
- Eliminates static or frizzy hair
- Healthy, silky, and shiny looking hair
- Quicker hair drying results
This hair dryer is a masterpiece. It’s the type of dryer you have to try for yourself. It’s reliable and has a motor that can outlast just about any other dryer on the market. The dryer features a Dual Ion Generator that allows you to switch from sleek silky hair to hair with more volume.
Due to its patented ergonomic design shoulder, arm and hand strain of the device is greatly reduced. And though it is small in size, it is without a doubt one of the most powerful hair dryers you can buy for your money.
- PROFESSIONAL LONG-LIFE AC MOTOR THAT LASTS: Our hair Dryer is entirely handcrafted in France for Europe’s finest salons, hotels and spas. It features legendary reliability and unheard-of quality. Its long-life motor will outlast your drugstore dryer and you will never look back.
- POWERFUL & LIGHTWEIGHT: Our hair dryer is designed with a strong motor that reduces your drying time by 70%. Its salon design includes patented ergonomics that ease the hand, arm and shoulder strain associated with normal hair dryers. It weighs in at a mere 12 ounces and features a professional heavy duty 10-foot cord with circuit breaker. Our hair dryer is small enough for travel, yet powerful enough for hours of daily use. (NOTE: 110-125Volt - US/North America only NOT DUAL VOLTAGE)
- IONIC TECHNOLOGY: Negative ion generator blows billions of negative ions into hair to seal the cuticle while also reducing static & Frizz. It also gives the hair a boost of shine and smoothness.
- COOL SHOT BUTTON: Our hair dryer comes with a dedicated cool shot button that helps seal the hair cuticle, setting the final look for long-lasting hold and adds shine.
- TOP CUSTOMER SERVICE!] We include PAMPERING CUSTOMER SERVICE as well - if anything goes wrong just email us via your Amazon account and we never quibble. We stand by our 2 YEAR WARRANTY and treat you like we want to be treated. So, treat yourself to an exquisite experience and you’ll never go back to an ordinary dyer.
The T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i is considered one of the best hair dryers money can buy. It’s used by A list celebrities such as Jessica Alba and Chrissy Teigen. It has a super powerful engine: the dryer can have your hair dry within a matter of minutes.
It’s so quick the heat won’t have time to damage your hair. The smoothness and shine you get from using this dryer will last for days.
- T3 SoftAire: Delivers a high volume of ion-enriched air that dries large sections of hair-fast and healthy
- T3 Tourmaline: Proprietary infusion process emits negative ions and infrared heat for fast, healthy drying
- Ionic: Cancels static and seals the cuticle, helping hair retain natural moisture; helps reduce frizz and enhance shine
- compatible with the SoftTouch 2 diffuser
Things To Consider
When looking for a hair dryer there are several things you should consider. First you need to identify your needs, which will depend on the type of hair you have. Knowing your hair length is also important as it will determine how much heat you will need. Once you know your hair type and hair length its time to set a budget. When it comes to hair dryers you get what you pay for. Generally speaking cheap blow dryers don’t do a good job of drying and straightening your hair.
It’s perhaps best to invest in a high quality hair dryer the first go round. Incidentally, if you pay a little more upfront you will end up saving quite a bit of money in the long run. You will also be doing your hair a favor as the right dryer will keep it from overheating and becoming brittle.
Perhaps take a little time to learn about dryers and the various materials used to make them. Doing so will help you pick the best possible one for your hair type. Ceramic, ionic technology, and Tourmaline dryers are known to work great on all hair types.
For those of you with thick hair, this video will demonstrate how to properly blow dry it:
Last Updated on