Top Organic Prenatal Vitamins With DHA Reviewed
When you find out that you’ll be expecting a little bundle of joy, a myriad of things run through your head. One of the first things you think about is how taking care of yourself on a day to day basis will start to become a top priority. While overall health is always vital, it becomes even more so when a little person is growing inside you, this is one of the reasons that prenatal vitamins are essential. They ensure that both mother and baby receive the necessary vitamins and nutrients to ensure the health of both during this magical time.
What’s So Great About DHA?
DHA also referred to as docosahexaenoic acid, is one of the essential elements that babies need for proper cellular growth. Many other nutrients, such as calcium and folic acid, are also imperative. DHA is a plentiful source of omega-3 fatty acids.
DHA is responsible for over 90% of the omega-3 fats in both the brain and the eyes. Due to the embryos inability to develop and produce their own DHA, supplementation is required. Doctors also recommend it after the baby is born and throughout the nursing process.
Increasing DHA while pregnant and nursing increases positive developmental outcomes. It affects things like motor skills, attention span, and hand-eye coordination.
Best Organic Prenatal Vitamins with DHA
One of the best selling natural prenatal vitamins on the market. This vitamin is from an entirely organic food-based source. During its initial composition, it was screened extensively by vegans and vegetarians to ensure it is free of any amino products. Made to be easily and effortlessly digestible, it is free from components that sometimes cause food sensitivity. There is no gluten, yeast, soy, fish/shellfish, dairy or nuts in this product. This product has over 90 million bioactive probiotics. This company stands firm in their quest to nourish the mother’s health and foster baby’s development.
- PRENATAL HEALTH: This comprehensive multivitamin in a 150 count supply, delivers scientifically researched ingredients in potencies that meet or exceed daily values of key ingredients for prenatal care
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT: One tablet daily supports the nutritional needs of pregnant and nursing moms with the recommended amount of folate, calcium, choline and iron
- WHOLE-BODY HEALTH: Potent vitamins A, C and D as well as Iron, promote blood, bone, skin, cell and immune health and energy throughout the day
- DIGESTIVE BALANCE: Vegetarian and gluten-free, these prenatal multivitamins contain a Digestive support blend and plant-sourced enzymes and are gentle enough to be taken on an empty stomach
This product was designed distinctly to help provide immune support for mom and baby during and after pregnancy. It is carefully purified using a top-tiered molecular distillation process to ensure all environmental toxins get removed. Some prenatal vitamins have an unbecoming after taste when swallowed; this option offers a pleasant tasting strawberry soft-gel. This option promotes and supports cardiovascular health, healthy vision, and dense bone growth. Also known to directly and positively impact the emotional well-being of the mother.
- Oceans 3 is formulated using fish oils carefully purified using multiple-stage molecular distillation process that both concentrates the EPA and DHA and removes environmental toxins.
- Oceans MOM Prenatal DHA supplies over 100% of the recommended DHA level for pregnancy in one small, pleasant-tasting, strawberry-flavored softgel, providing a broad range of benefits.
- Optimum DHA level, Supports cardiovascular health, Supports healthy vision, Supports bone health, Promotes positive mood and emotional well-being, DHA taken after pregnancy enhances the quality of breast milk.
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 365 mg, DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 35 mg, EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 15 mg.High potency fish oil (anchovies and sardines), gelatin, glycerin, natural tocopherols (soy), natural strawberry flavoring
Just as its name suggests, Nature Made prenatal vitamins come from all natural ingredients. No artificial flavors or colors used in the production of this vitamin. Each liquid soft-gel capsule has 200 mg of DHA. Also, a healthy dosage of folic acid is incorporated, as it’s linked to reducing the risk of having a baby that is born with a spinal cord or brain defect. The valuable nutrients found in these pills also tend to leave women with long nails and stronger hair.
- Nature Made Prenatal + Dha 150 Count
Recommended use for both prenatal and postnatal, DHA components help strengthen and support the baby’s cognitive development. The omega-3 fat source is incredibly high grade and obtained from wild Alaskan salmon. An excellent source of nutrient rich vitamins and antioxidants. The extracting process that the oil goes through is gentle. Over 17 whole, natural omegas incorporated in just one dosage. Wholemega is of the highest quality, and the distillation process is such that nature’s necessary elements aren’t stripped away from the vitamin at any time.
- WILD-CAUGHT ALASKAN SALMON OIL: Our whole fish oil delivers 935 mg of Omegas including prenatal DHA and other Omega 3 fatty acids, plus naturally occurring Vitamin D3 and Astaxanthin
- MADE WITH LOVE FOR MOM & BABY: Omega fatty acids support healthy fetal development during pregnancy, and DHA taken while nursing augments breastmilk to help build baby's healthy brain & eye tissue*
- PRENATAL & POSTNATAL SUPPORT: These tiny softgels are easy-to-swallow, support positive mood & calm for moms, help address occasional stress, and are heart-healthy*
- AVOID FISHY AFTERTASTE: Some consumers have experienced a fishy aftertaste with fish oil supplements. Many reviewers state they do not experience this with New Chapter Fish Oil.
- 100% Wild Salmon Oil from Certified Responsible Alaska Fisheries, NSF Tested & Certified, Gluten Free, No High-Heat Processing, Made with Non-GMO Project Verified Salmon Oil, No Artificial Flavors, No Farmed Fish, No Krill Oil, No Cod Liver Oil No Sugar or Sweeteners (added to some fish oil gummies)
If swallowing pills are not your strong suit, this is the right choice for you; flavorful gummy vitamins that are almost reminiscent of eating candy. This prenatal vitamin has 15 essential nutrients that will help foster significant health and growth for both you and your baby. Vitamins K2 and MK7 infused for added skeletal support. Made with entirely organic ingredients, no-GMOs, no allergens or artificial flavors used. As well as no synthetic additives utilized in the making of this product.
- Chewable prenatal vitamin formulated with premium ingredients to help women obtain the specific nutrient levels ideal for a healthy pregnancy
- Contains 15 essential ingredients including folate (methylfolate) to support normal early fetal development*, iodine for nervous system and normal brain development during pregnancy*, and vitamin D3 for bone and immune health*
- Omega-3 EPA & DHA (essential fatty acids) sustainably sourced from wild-caught small fish. Includes vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) for energy and vitamin E (from sunflower oil) for antioxidant support
- Non-GMO. Free of milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, soy, gluten, and wheat. No synthetic colors, artificial flavors, or artificial sweeteners. 3RD PARTY LAB TESTED.
- Manufactured in California with premium domestic and imported ingredients. No refrigeration required.
At 480 mg of DHA per serving, this prenatal vitamin goes beyond the recommended minimum dosage. This vitamin is generously smaller than most of the others on this list. It is the perfect choice for those who have trouble swallowing big pills, known for how much easier the pill is to digest. The typical burp up that many other products cause is virtually nonexistent with this vitamin. These prenatal vitamins contain 400 I.U. Of Vitamin D, which helps promote mood and bone growth.
- OFFICIAL OMEGA-3 OF THE AMERICAN PREGNANCY ASSOCIATION: As the official omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association, Prenatal DHA is the ideal supplement before and during pregnancy.
- SAFE FOR YOU + SAFE FOR BABY: With 480 mg DHA per serving, Prenatal DHA generously fulfills the international expert-recommended daily intake for DHA, providing safe and effective omega-3 nutrition to moms and babies alike.
- STAY STRONG, STAY BALANCED: We've added 400 I.U. vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), the natural form of vitamin D produced by the body, for strong bones and mood support throughout all stages of pregnancy.
- BEST ABSORPTION FOR BEST RESULTS: Many concentrated fish oils on the market are in the ethyl ester molecular form, a synthetic fat with only about 30 years of history in the human diet. Nordic Naturals formulas are produced in true triglyceride form to ensure optimal absorption and results.
- THE ALPHA OF OMEGAS: At Nordic Naturals we believe that omega oils are essential to life. By correcting the global omega-3 deficiency, we give each generation what they need to grow healthy and strong. Through science and innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective omega oils.
While some prenatal DHA options offer an all in one type of supplement experience, this option is a bit different. This capsule only provides the DHA portion of the necessary vitamins expectant and new mothers should be taking. The company and many reviewers claim it’s a better choice to take this alongside regular prenatal vitamins, as you’ll be guaranteed a full dosage of the DHA. This option also contains DHA not derived from the oil of a fish; this eliminates any chance of a fishy taste or smell. Also, an affordable option that many moms seem to appreciate.
- 200 mg of non-fish oil DHA per serving
- Supports baby's brain and vision development
- Perfect for expecting and nursing mothers
- Avoids risk of ocean-borne contaminants sometimes found in fish oils
- Made with all natural ingredients
The Importance Of Prenatal Vitamins
The particular type of prenatal DHA vitamin that is best for you will depend on a myriad of elements. It’s best to read as many reviews as you can and try one out for at least a few days. When taking any new vitamin, it’s vital that you don’t take it on an empty stomach and monitor how your body reacts to the dosage. If you naturally have a sensitive stomach then be extra cautious and mindful.
You may not find your perfect option until you try a couple. Everyone’s body is different, but the common thread amongst us all is the intrinsic need for DHA. Give your baby a good foundation and supply them with this necessary fat to aid their overall development.
Here is a great video of a doctor talking about prenatal vitamins: