Top Organic Prenatal Vitamins With DHA Reviewed
When you find out that you’ll be expecting a little bundle of joy, a myriad of things run through your head. One of the first things you think about is how taking care of yourself on a day to day basis will start to become a top priority. While overall health is always vital, it becomes even more so when a little person is growing inside you, this is one of the reasons that prenatal vitamins are essential. They ensure that both mother and baby receive the necessary vitamins and nutrients to ensure the health of both during this magical time.
What’s So Great About DHA?
DHA also referred to as docosahexaenoic acid, is one of the essential elements that babies need for proper cellular growth. Many other nutrients, such as calcium and folic acid, are also imperative. DHA is a plentiful source of omega-3 fatty acids.
DHA is responsible for over 90% of the omega-3 fats in both the brain and the eyes. Due to the embryos inability to develop and produce their own DHA, supplementation is required. Doctors also recommend it after the baby is born and throughout the nursing process.
Increasing DHA while pregnant and nursing increases positive developmental outcomes. It affects things like motor skills, attention span, and hand-eye coordination.
Best Organic Prenatal Vitamins with DHA
One of the best selling natural prenatal vitamins on the market. This vitamin is from an entirely organic food-based source. During its initial composition, it was screened extensively by vegans and vegetarians to ensure it is free of any amino products. Made to be easily and effortlessly digestible, it is free from components that sometimes cause food sensitivity. There is no gluten, yeast, soy, fish/shellfish, dairy or nuts in this product. This product has over 90 million bioactive probiotics. This company stands firm in their quest to nourish the mother’s health and foster baby’s development.
- Immune Health: Promotes Immune Health with a high potency source of zinc
- Clinically proven absorption of vitamins D, B2, B5, Folate, calcium, Iron & zinc
- Nutritional Support: One tablet daily supports the nutritional needs of pregnant and nursing moms with the recommended amount of folate, calcium, Choline and iron
- Digestive Balance: Vegetarian and gluten free, these prenatal multivitamins contain a digestive support blend and plant-sourced enzymes and are gentle enough to be taken on an empty stomach
- Purity Safeguard: The formula is made with purity-tested ingredients and no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors or sweeteners. Contains no gluten, wheat, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish or shellfish. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
This product was designed distinctly to help provide immune support for mom and baby during and after pregnancy. It is carefully purified using a top-tiered molecular distillation process to ensure all environmental toxins get removed. Some prenatal vitamins have an unbecoming after taste when swallowed; this option offers a pleasant tasting strawberry soft-gel. This option promotes and supports cardiovascular health, healthy vision, and dense bone growth. Also known to directly and positively impact the emotional well-being of the mother.
- Oceans 3 is formulated using fish oils carefully purified using multiple-stage molecular distillation process that both concentrates the EPA and DHA and removes environmental toxins.
- Oceans MOM Prenatal DHA supplies over 100% of the recommended DHA level for pregnancy in one small, pleasant-tasting, strawberry-flavored softgel, providing a broad range of benefits.
- Optimum DHA level, Supports cardiovascular health, Supports healthy vision, Supports bone health, Promotes positive mood and emotional well-being, DHA taken after pregnancy enhances the quality of breast milk.
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 365 mg, DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 35 mg, EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 15 mg.High potency fish oil (anchovies and sardines), gelatin, glycerin, natural tocopherols (soy), natural strawberry flavoring
Just as its name suggests, Nature Made prenatal vitamins come from all natural ingredients. No artificial flavors or colors used in the production of this vitamin. Each liquid soft-gel capsule has 200 mg of DHA. Also, a healthy dosage of folic acid is incorporated, as it’s linked to reducing the risk of having a baby that is born with a spinal cord or brain defect. The valuable nutrients found in these pills also tend to leave women with long nails and stronger hair.
Recommended use for both prenatal and postnatal, DHA components help strengthen and support the baby’s cognitive development. The omega-3 fat source is incredibly high grade and obtained from wild Alaskan salmon. An excellent source of nutrient rich vitamins and antioxidants. The extracting process that the oil goes through is gentle. Over 17 whole, natural omegas incorporated in just one dosage. Wholemega is of the highest quality, and the distillation process is such that nature’s necessary elements aren’t stripped away from the vitamin at any time.
- Wholemega Fish Oil is clinically shown to retain healthy triglyceride levels and improve the Omega-3 Index in just two weeks*
- 4-in-1 Benefits: Heart, joint, eye, and brain support* with 2000 mg of oil per serving including vital Omega-3s DHA & EPA
- Good for You, Good for the Ocean: Wild-caught Salmon oil is 100% from Alaska, where sustainable fishing is state law. No overfishing, no bottom trawling, no wasted catch
- Extra-virgin fish oil supplement is fresh-pressed for optimal absorption, capturing salmon’s whole-food profile of 17 Omega fatty acids, Vitamin D3 and Astaxanthin
- 100% Wild Salmon Oil from Certified Responsible Alaska Fisheries, NSF Certified, Gluten Free, Made with Non-GMO Project Verified Salmon Oil, No High-Heat Processing, No Artificial Flavors, No Sugar or Sweeteners (added to some fish oil gummies), No Farmed Fish, No Krill Oil, No Cod Liver Oil
If swallowing pills are not your strong suit, this is the right choice for you; flavorful gummy vitamins that are almost reminiscent of eating candy. This prenatal vitamin has 15 essential nutrients that will help foster significant health and growth for both you and your baby. Vitamins K2 and MK7 infused for added skeletal support. Made with entirely organic ingredients, no-GMOs, no allergens or artificial flavors used. As well as no synthetic additives utilized in the making of this product.
- Prenatal Formula with new premium ingredients, all in one delicious serving: Beta Carotene, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2 & Choline (Packaging May Vary).
- Non-GMO. Free of milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, soy, gluten and wheat. No synthetic colors or artificial sweeteners/flavors. 3RD PARTY LAB TESTED. No refrigeration required
- New serving size! For adult women, take four (4) gummies daily with or without food.
- 18 essential nutrients: folate (methylfolate) for fetal development, vitamin D3 for immunity, vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) for energy, omega-3 EPA/DHA (from fish oil), vitamin K for bones.*
- Gummy multivitamin for prenatal women also with iodine to support the fetal nervous system and normal brain development during pregnancy.*
At 480 mg of DHA per serving, this prenatal vitamin goes beyond the recommended minimum dosage. This vitamin is generously smaller than most of the others on this list. It is the perfect choice for those who have trouble swallowing big pills, known for how much easier the pill is to digest. The typical burp up that many other products cause is virtually nonexistent with this vitamin. These prenatal vitamins contain 400 I.U. Of Vitamin D, which helps promote mood and bone growth.
- Award-Winning Prenatal DHA; Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA won the Top-Notch Award from Taste for Life & is the Official Omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association
- Why Omega-3s; Research shows that healthy DHA levels in mothers during pregnancy & lactation support optimal brain & visual development in babies; Added Vitamin D3 supports bone, mood, & immune system health during pregnancy
- Better Absorption, Better Taste, No Fishy Burps; All of our omega-3 fish oil concentrates are in the triglyceride molecular form (the form naturally found in fish) for optimal absorption; Unflavored for sensitive stomachs
- Purity Guaranteed; Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from fresh, wild-caught, omega-rich fish; Nordic Naturals is committed to using only non-GMO ingredients; Gluten- & dairy-free; No artificial colors or preservatives
- Ethical Innovation; Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable and ethical practices in the natural products industry; Through science and innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective nutrients for optimal wellness
While some prenatal DHA options offer an all in one type of supplement experience, this option is a bit different. This capsule only provides the DHA portion of the necessary vitamins expectant and new mothers should be taking. The company and many reviewers claim it’s a better choice to take this alongside regular prenatal vitamins, as you’ll be guaranteed a full dosage of the DHA. This option also contains DHA not derived from the oil of a fish; this eliminates any chance of a fishy taste or smell. Also, an affordable option that many moms seem to appreciate.
- One 60 count bottle of Spectrum Essentials Prenatal DHA Softgels
- Created for pregnant and nursing women
- Helps support baby’s developing brain and vision*
- Does not contain fish oil
- Easy-to-swallow softgels
The Importance Of Prenatal Vitamins
The particular type of prenatal DHA vitamin that is best for you will depend on a myriad of elements. It’s best to read as many reviews as you can and try one out for at least a few days. When taking any new vitamin, it’s vital that you don’t take it on an empty stomach and monitor how your body reacts to the dosage. If you naturally have a sensitive stomach then be extra cautious and mindful.
You may not find your perfect option until you try a couple. Everyone’s body is different, but the common thread amongst us all is the intrinsic need for DHA. Give your baby a good foundation and supply them with this necessary fat to aid their overall development.
Here is a great video of a doctor talking about prenatal vitamins:
Last Updated on