Top Pregnancy Pillows Reviewed
Many women think that they can endure pregnancy without using pregnancy pillows.
To some, the pillows seem like an unnecessary extravagance. Others just may never think about why they would want such a large pillow. Over time, mothers can start to experience some discomfort that quickly changes their minds. If you experience any of the following problems, then you probably need to start using a pregnancy pillow.
As the body changes during pregnancy, women can start to feel pain in their hips, backs, and other areas. If you feel sore when you wake up in the morning, then you probably aren’t getting enough support from your bed and pillows. A pregnancy pillow lets you arrange your body so that it doesn’t get stressed during the night. Instead of feeling sore, you wake up refreshed and ready to start the day.
If you have a medical condition like sciatica, your doctor will probably recommend a pregnancy pillow. As you gain weight during your pregnancy, your body can start to put pressure on the sciatic nerve. The nerve can cause significant pain and weakness in the lower body. Pregnancy pillows will help prevent the discomfort associated with sciatica and similar conditions. Many women also claim that hypoallergenic bamboo pillows help with the increased sensitivity they experienced during pregnancy.
Women who prefer sleeping on their backs or stomachs often experience difficulty getting to sleep during pregnancy. They may feel uncomfortable or simply not be able to get into the postures they prefer. A pregnancy pillow makes it easier to find a comfortable position so you can get plenty of sleep during the night instead of wasting hours tossing and turning.
Best Pregnancy Pillows
After combing through the different maternity cushions, these are our picks for the best pregnancy pillows:
The Leacho Snoogle Mini Compact Side Sleeper fits along your hips to create a neutral joint-position that prevents irritation. It also has a removable cover that will come in handy when your new baby makes a mess.
- Can help provide targeted support
- Compact size is great for travel
- Can help provide support for neutral positioning
- Sham-style removable cover is machine washable
Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow is long enough to hug all of your body’s curves. It has an inner hump for extra support and a curve specially designed for your shoulder. It works great as a nursing pillow, too.
- Designed to caress the natural curves of the body
- Belly support improvement allows belly to rest right on support, separating it from other maternity pillows
- 200 Thread count percale
- Machine washable cover
- Made in the USA!
Boppy Total Body Pillow has a compact design that conforms to every part of your body. The contours will help alleviate any discomfort felt in your back, hips, neck, or belly. It’s also machine washable so you can clean it as often as needed.
- Total body support for your head, neck, back, hips and baby bump with just one pregnancy pillow
- Unique contoured shape for 40 weeks of comfort... and beyond through postpartum recovery
- Multi-use body pillow helps you get comfy while sleeping, but also while lounging or sitting
- Filled with 100% polyester virgin fiber, ensures durability and reliable support
- Machine washable pillow and 100% cotton removable slipcover for easy care
The My Brest Friend Pregnancy Wedge slides under your belly to support extra weight while sleeping. This support helps prevent pain in your back, hips, and stomach. Its cotton design makes it breathable so you can stay cool and comfortable all night.
- PREGNANCY SUPPORT: The My Brest Friend pregnancy wedge offers maximum support and ideal comfort for your belly and back when sitting or sleeping.
- 100% COTTON SLIPCOVER: Extra soft and comfortable, the pregnancy wedge is finished with a cotton slipcover which can be easily removed from the pillow.
- VERSATILE WEDGE: The pregnancy wedge is an ideal support cushion, providing comfort for the back and belly both during and after pregnancy.
- TRAVEL ESSENTIAL: Lightweight and compact, the pregnancy cushion is ideal to take with you on the go, ensuring you have complete belly comfort when sleeping away from home.
- MY BREST FRIEND: For 22 years, My Brest Friend breastfeeding pillows have supported moms and babies during nursing and are the #1 choice of breastfeeding experts.
The Jolly Jumper Pregnancy Pillow Wedge has a similar shape as the My Best Friend wedge. Putting the pillow wedge under your belly encourages good posture and spine alignment throughout the night. The cover is made of soft flannel. This makes it extremely comfortable, especially for mothers who get cold during the night. After a couple weeks using the Jolly Jumper wedge, you should feel significantly less back pain.
- For tummy comfort and support
- Provides tummy support to hold mother in doctor's recommended side sleeping position
- Sleeping on the left side allows maximum blood flow to the fetus and improves kidney function in mom, reducing swelling
The Boppy Pregnancy Support Pillow has a small design that supports your hips, legs, and belly. This pillow is a good option for women who experience lower body pain when they are pregnant. The small size also makes it easy to use anywhere you go. Take it to work or on short trips to prevent pain.
- SIDE SLEEPING LIVESAVER: The Boppy Pregnancy Support Body Pillow doubles up on comfort with dual support. Support for your back and legs, baby bump and legs, or head and neck.
- SPACE-SAVING SIZE: The compact medium-sized pregnancy pillow saves space in your bed, while maintaining the comfort and relief you need.
- VERSATILE, MULTI-USE: Versatile little supporter helps you get comfy while sleeping, but also while lounging or sitting. Great for a growing baby bump or even post-partum recovery.
- EASY CARE, MACHINE WASHABLE: Machine washable pillow and easy zip on and off, ultra-soft jersey removable cover for easy care.
The KHOMO Extra Light Full Body Maternity Pillow is a large, full-sized pillow that cradles your shoulders, stomach, hips, and legs. Its U-shaped design relieves pressure from all of your joints, including your knees and shoulders. It also features a lightweight cover that helps women stay cool.
- Are you ready to wake up FREE from body aches??? SAMAY has the solution to sleepless nights! Our Comfort U-Pillow provides Great Comfort and makes you feel like you are surrounded in a Cloud of Bliss!
- The SAMAY Comfort U-Pillow is stuffed just right (not overstuffed) with Hypoallergenic High Quality PP Cotton to Ensure Maximum Cuddliness. Thinner and lighter / More comfortable than other heavy and big pregnancy pillows
- Great for pregnant women who want to have a full nights sleep. Dont wait until your back starts to hurt! Get your SAMAY pillow now!
- One of the many benefits of the Comfort U Pillow is it helps relieve a number of health conditions, such as back pain, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, congestion and rheumatoid arthritis.
- SAMAY is a registered trademark and best-seller of Bedding Products.
The Web Linens C Shaped Premium Multi-Position Pregnancy Pillow wraps around the back and belly to prevent unwanted conditions like carpal tunnel, sciatica, and heartburn. Its removable zippered pillowcase makes it simple to clean when needed.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We think you're going to love this pregnancy pillow as much as we do! But in case you don't, you are covered by our 30 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee. We want our customers to be 100% happy.
- INCLUDES: 1 - Zippered Cover and 1 - C Shape Body Pillow
- Factory direct assuring you the best price!
- Super Soft & Durable - Easy Care - Machine Washable - 100% Polyester
- Ultra Soft, Cozy and Warm - Available in Multiple Colors
Pregnancy Pillow Usage
If you’ve never used a pregnancy pillow before, here is a good YouTube video that demonstrates different ways to use one: