10 Best Trampolines For Children In 2019 Reviewed
Trampolines provide an excellent way for hyperactive children to use their abundant energy. Bouncing helps them get the wiggles out, which leads to calmer and more focused kids
However, trampolines require constant adult supervision for safety.
If you have smaller children, you should start with a smaller 36-inch trampoline. You can move up to a larger outdoor trampoline as your children outgrow the smaller ones.
We look at a number of quality trampolines for both age ranges below, but for those in a hurry here are our favorites:
Best Trampolines for Toddlers
Small children really need a trampoline that is designed specifically for people their age and size. There are a number of companies offering different models, but some are clearly better than others. Here are our picks for best trampolines for toddlers:
The safety rail allows your child to balance while jumping. It even includes a comfort foam gripper. For added safety, a protective outer cover encircles the steel frame. When kids fall, they always manage to hit hard surfaces. A bumper removes the option of hitting hard surfaces because of the foam and padding where it’s needed to protect little bodies.
Parents won’t mind putting this trampoline together as it’s easy to assemble and disassemble. You can expect assembly to take ten minutes or less out of the box. The round bungee rebounder (the mesh cover your child will jump on) comes off for easy storage or to prevent children from jumping. The handle folds down for easy storage, you can even store it under a bed.
Finally, you can adjust the handrail into multiple positions to meet your child’s height. Made for a maximum weight of 132 pounds. A great way to improve posture and flexibility with some fun exercise. Mind you, this trampoline is only large enough for one child at a time.
The instructions for putting the trampoline together fall short of consumer needs. People at the company may not have trouble assembling the unit but customers not so much. The foam gripper will wear rather fast with use for some people.
- Sturdy Construction for Ultimate Safety-- Made of bold steel and coming with 6 legs for added support, this 36" kids trampoline guarantees the great stability.
- Safety Handrail for Balance Keeping -- The well-padded safety handrail ensures young children can grip well and jump with confidence and not lose their balance while jumping.
- Protective Cover for Extra Safety -- The circular protective outerwear protects your children from falling onto the hard steel, safeguarding against any strong impact, scratches and abrasions.
- Easy to Assemble & Disassemble -- From box to fully assembled is in less than 10 minutes. The Round bungee rebounder can be folded for convenient storage or outdoor use.
- Adjustable Handrail for Long-term Use -- 2 options for the horizontal space ranges (18", 36") and changeable vertical heights (24.5", 36"). Allows to meet the different requirement of the kids as growth. Recommended age is 3 to 6. Maximum weight capacity is 132 lbs. Adult supervision is required.
Little Tikes make a slightly smaller trampoline which measures 34 inches in circumference. The bright blue bumper and orange feet appeal to a toddlers sense of fun. The unit works for children between the ages of 3 to 6 years old.
A handrail spans the width of the platforms and rolls outward to provide maximum jumping space for one child. Also, the rail includes padding to keep little hands safely on the bar while little feet are bouncing.
Padding all around the perimeter of the trampoline provides added safety to prevent issues in the event of a fall. The tiny easy-to-use trampoline should stay indoors as it’s not meant to go outside. A great toy for winter use, especially if you live in an apartment.
Finally, but do not expect a lot of issues putting it together thanks to the simple process. Make sure the bumpers go over the elastic bungees over the steel circumference for full protection and so little feet do not slip between the bungees and injure their foot. Do not allow children under three to use the trampoline.
Unlike the first trampoline, this one only holds a child up to 55 pounds. Most six-year-olds aren’t heavier, but some do go over the weight limit. Make sure to weigh your child before purchasing. You cannot store this one under the bed as the rail doesn’t fold down. If you do not have a dedicated spot for a rail, you might want a different trampoline.
- Perfect trampoline for toddlers to burn off energy
- Features large jumping surface and handle bar for stability
- Plastic and metal combination
- Trampoline is for indoor use only. Age- 3 to 6 years. Ground to top of handle bar- 34.00 inch H. Jumping surface to top of handle bar- 26.25 inch H
The Original Toy Company Trampoline costs a few bills more than the two above but holds more weight than both meaning you get a quality product for the extra dollar signs. The 36 inch round trampoline comes in two primary color combos.
Enjoy an easy five-minute assembly. Unfold, screw the legs in, add the handle, and you’re done. What could be easier? Disassemble in the reverse for quick, easy storage. Even the handrail comes apart for stowing.
This is by far the most foldable and easiest to store. The mat comes on the metal frame without bungee cords for added safety. The handle attaches at the front and doesn’t take up as much space as the other handrails.
Finally, as the trampoline holds up to 150 pounds, it works for ages 3 and up. Just make sure your child isn’t over the max limit. The padded frame with multiple feet works for one child at a time.
A few customers received defective products. Others found the product does not disassemble as easily as the company claims. Even though the trampoline weighs over 16 pounds, a few people said the trampoline would not stay on the ground during use. Make sure the product is level and on a level surface when using.
- FROM BOX TO BOUNCE IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES: Unfold your trampoline - Screw on the legs - Attach the handle - Bounce - Repeat
- EASY DISASSEMBLY: Disassembles just as easily and its ready for travel or storage
- GREAT FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS: Can help ADHD children and kids with autism expend their natural abundance of energy
- MEETS AND EXCEEDS ALL CURRENT UNITED STATES SAFETY STANDARDS: ASTM Safety Certifications 1, 2 and 3, plus HR4040. Circular safety pad attaches with ease for extra safety
- SIZE AND RATING: 36 inch diameter, Rated for 150 pounds
The Merax Trampoline comes in three different colors. You get the choice of bright green, pink, or blue. Another great feature of this particular model is the handlebar attaches to two of the feet on the outside for added stability. It can also hold up to 180 pounds meaning mom can jump too!
The differences don’t stop there. Instead of bungee cords, this trampoline uses durable springs for the bouncy experience. Strong base legs keep the device on the ground. Use with or without the padded handrail. See, mom’s really can get in a cardio workout too.
The extra padding takes away from the jumping space but also prevents injury while also covering the springs. With the springs and the layout of the handrail ensure a stronghold on the ground. Even better, the entire handrail comes padded instead of just one section. Includes eight support feet for a level jumping surface.
Unfortunately, the bumper around the circumference of the base is made of a cheaper vinyl-like material over the foam and it may break down quicker than desired. A few customers resorted to duct tape, but you may prefer to purchase a replacement (B07KMD77L5) if you are one of the few customers who experience this problem.
- 36inch trampoline is perfect for toddlers to burn off energy and large jumping surface for extra for stability.
- Unique metal spring construction for durability and long-lasting usage.
- Padded thick foam handrail provides all-round protections and safety for your children
- Multifunctional trampoline: a child trampoline when handrail attached; an exercise trampoline for adults when handrail detached
- All US safety standards approved; One year warranty; Product size: 36 x 36 x 30 inch (L x W x H) ; Weight Capacity: 180 lbs ; Product weight: 18 lbs ; The handle bar to the jumping mat height: Approx. 22.2 inch .
Mothers of twins, multiples or young children close in age, the Ancheer Trampoline will work better for your family as two children can jump at the same time. Or if you are an adventurous parent, you can jump along with your child.
The base is larger and oval instead of a circle that measures 56 inches long and 36 inches wide. It can support up to 220 pounds which doubles the fun and allows two children on at the same time. Use this trampoline for children ages three and up.
To further the fun, the handlebar adjusts to five height levels from 38 to 45 inches and in between to work with any size child or adult. Simply turn the nozzle to change the height.
The heavy-duty frame uses stainless steel springs and rubber-tipped leg tubes to stay on the ground. The rubber also helps to reduce noise too. Foam covers the handlebar that sits in the middle of the base so two children can hold on to it at the same time.
Finally, like all the other trampolines, this one claims it’s easy to assemble. Although, they say the assembly takes about thirty minutes. The Ancheer folds up for storing which is nice as the size is definitely on the large size. Contact the company for a video if you need help putting the trampoline together.
A couple of people dealt with broken springs. Others had issues with assembly but if you contact the company, they can send a video to put the trampoline together.
- 【US Shipping, Usually Arrival Time: 3-5 Days!】Adjustable & Compact & Portable: This trampoline with adjustable handle bar, 5 levels heights, adjustable from 38 to 45 inch, more stability, and suitable for any height of people to keep balance. It is designed to fit small spaces in the gym or at home, and its convenient size lets you carry it from one spot to another without any hassle.
- Unique Design & Safe & Fun: This rebounding surface offer big enough space, trampoline workouts are ideal for men and women alike, if you want to start getting fit or if you¡¯ve been working out for some time now and just want a new routine, you should try this trampoline training!
- High Quality & Solid Build & Durable: Heavy-duty frame, PP jumping mat, PVC safe pad cover, stainless steel springs, rubber-tipped leg tube, offers a much safer environment for you.
- Increases Balance & Coordination: This trampolines work out a wide range of muscle groups, such as the cardiac and skeletal muscles. Strengthen skeletal system and increase bone mass, improve circulation. It helps strengthen the shoulder, hip, and leg muscles, burn calories.
- Easy Installation & Assurance: US STOCK; We would provide worry-free service & video installation guide; Detachable foldable design, saving storage space, making assemble done within half an hour. We have quality Assurance for One year on frame and parts. Within the period, pls feel free to contact us, we would give you the best service.
Best Trampolines for Big Kids
A kids trampoline for older children needs to be larger to accommodate their size and increased abilities. While a full-sized trampoline is likely too large, one of the toddler sized trampolines above is just too small. So we combed through the available models, and came up with these picks for the best trampoline for big kids:
When your child outgrows the little kid trampolines, it’s time to upgrade to an outdoor enclosed net trampoline like the one by Clevr. Pick the right color for your backyard from the two choices of either green and blue or blue and orange. The trampoline costs more as its a lot bigger than the little kid trampolines.
Don’t worry about the trampoline falling apart. The heavy-duty steel frame can handle all the jumps your child can deliver and so can the galvanized springs for years to come. As jumping tends to lead to falling, waterproof padding surrounds the outer ring of the trampoline. Thick foam reinforces the steel for impact protection.
The hexagon shape has six padded poles in case your child bonks his head while jumping in the enclosed mesh. A large, high-quality PE net includes a sturdy zipper so your kiddo doesn’t fall out of the net.
Finally, set up the trampoline in about two hours. If you need any help with the setup, then email the company for added instructions or with any issues. Although, most of the items include a picture or clear instructions for the 84-inch wide trampoline. With the net, the height goes up to 79 inches high. For 100 pounds and under.
The size works best for one child. If you plan to put more children in, stay nearby. Of course, setup isn’t as easy as the company likes us to believe. Lastly, the zipper can get stuck. However, this trampoline can survive most weather.
- 7' (7 feet) WIDE trampoline! Only use Heavy-duty quality material, Improved packaging
- Heavy-duty steel frame and base prevents unit from tipping over. Trampoline has maximum user weight of up to 100lbs.
- Trampoline safety net includes padded poles which delivers the highest level of safety; High-quality PE net surrounds the entire jumping area for maximum safety
- Durable Water-Proof Pad Filled With Thick Foam, Reinforced Impact Protection
- Mat is attached to the frame by heavy-duty galvanized springs
For two or three kids you will want to try the Fashionsport Outfitters Trampoline may work for you. The five-foot diameter trampoline includes sturdy metal, though it’s not so heavy that you can’t move it around where needed. However, the price climbs a little higher than the other options.
You won’t mind the price though one you see the hexagon trampoline set in your backyard or playroom. Includes three rust-resistant legs for stability. All the poles and the perimeter of the base are heavily padded to prevent injuries.
A strong zipper opens to inside the mesh enclosure which surrounds the entire five feet. Durable steel springs attach to the base to provide hours of fun jumping. The trampoline can hold up to 220 pounds. Finally, set up with this trampoline may be easier as all the tools you may need come in the box.
The trampoline does not break down easily for storage. Once you set it up, it’s up. It only holds up to 220 pounds which means two or three little kids can use it at one time with parental supervision but if you have larger kids, make sure only one or two are on at a time.
- 5FT diameter trampoline with safety enclosure
- You can use this trampoline both indoor and outoor
- With rust resistant steel 3 legs for stability
- Not too heavy to move around the rooms or the yard.If it rains,you can easily move it inside.
- Easy set up-This trampoline is extremely easy to put together.It comes with all the tools needed to assemble.
The Skywalker Trampoline costs more than most of the other trampolines but for a good reason. First, this trampoline measures 12 feet in diameter. Second, it includes a basketball net on the mesh enclosure.
Another great feature is you can choose from several colors. Pick your favorite bumper color including blue, camo, green, bright purple, red, or stars and stripes for the super-patriotic. Mind you, the mesh stays black on all the color options.
The patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the mesh net and the base to provide a protected jumping zone free of opening and pinch-points. Rust-resistant steel springs attach all around the circumference with the bumper on top to keep hands and feet safe.
Foam covers the outer pools which are outside the net for sturdiness. The trampoline uses a dual zipper for entry and exit. It also uses a clip closure for extra safety measures. Also, the net comes tightly woven to reduce damage from fingers and toes while preventing appendages from catching on the net.
Kids will love the basketball hoop. Mind you, the hoop is not full size and while it’s fun, your children cannot play an actual game of basketball. Nor should you have an entire basketball team or two on the trampoline at once.
The hoop has a hook and loop breakaway rim to reduce damage to the mesh net and poles. Two foam basketballs come with the net. A great way to practice jumping and shooting hoops.
Finally, the company offers a 3-year limited warranty on the frame and 1-year warranty on the other parts. The setup takes a while and based on the sheer size you will want another person to help but the tools come with the kit.
Besides issues with installation from an outside source, a few customers complained about missing parts. Others ended up with defective parts which happens with all products. The instructions could provide better details on how to install each section.
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings
- SAFE DESIGN: 96 6.5 Inches long steel rust resistant springs located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety
- SLAM DUNK BASKETBALL HOOP: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook and loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; includes 1 foam basketball
- JUMP FOR JOY: Great for your next “family fun time” while getting your blood pumping and your muscles moving; Great addition to your backyard along with our other playground equipment including our swing sets, jungle gyms, and monkey bars
- WARRANTY: We stand behind our quality guarantee with our 3 year limited warranty on the frame and 1 year limited warranty on all other materials
The SkyBound Trampoline resembles a spaceship with the bowed legs and the poles.
All the poles are far away from the enclosure as they bow out but they still come covered in padding. Of course, the steel springs have a foam-padded cover as well.
Another safety measures include a sideways zipper to enter and exit the trampoline. The smaller 8-foot size takes up less space than other trampolines outside. Great for smaller yards. Though the feet bow out a couple of extra feet which might make mowing the law interesting but offers a lot of stability.
Use this octagon-shaped trampoline for children six years old and up with a maximum weight of 175 pounds. The tight space works best for only one or two children at most especially with the UV resistant concave safety net. With a welded frame made of galvanized steel, the trampoline can stand up to years of jumping and comes with a 10-year frame warranty.
Lastly, the company says trampoline assembles lighting fast. A spring tool comes with the box to make assembly easier. The jumping area inside the concave mesh net measures six feet.
Some children may find the enclosure a little claustrophobic as the bumpers are outside the net but this feature reinforces the safety of the net and reduces a child’s chances of injury. You can also pick from two colors, a bright blue or a black with yellow accents.
- The SkyBound Atmos features an 8 foot frame making it perfect for smaller spaces and built-to-last with durable, high quality components. The SkyBound Atmos is an excellent addition for younger families with active children ages 4 and up.
- The high density, UV resistant concave safety enclosure net keeps users safe inside the enclosure while preventing contact with the foam padded safety enclosure poles. The thick, UV resistant safety pad provides an additional layer of protection.
- The SkyBound Atmos is EN71 safety certified and designed to meet or exceed all U.S. ASTM safety requirements.
- Additional stability is provided by the trampoline's eight (8) feet that can pivot and rotate allowing use on uneven surfaces.
- The 8 foot wide galvanized steel frame is backed by SkyBound's industry leading 10 year frame warranty.
The Zupapa Trampoline will cost you but comes with a ladder to climb into the jump zone. While it costs a rather large sum, you get the most jumping space and a few other fabulous features.
Let’s start with the basics. A zipper over the three-step ladder allows for going in and out of the jump zone. Galvanized steel and two-point joints provide a sturdy structure for your little loved ones. The 1.5mm thickness and 42mmm diameter poles are stronger than most other trampolines. Also, the steel resists corrosion.
Next, the trampoline includes 72 springs the go straight into the frame. The bumper completely covers and seals in the springs so children do not get feet or hand stuck in the space between each spring. Gap protection makes a big difference when jumping and you have less control over your body.
At 6 feet high from the jumping base, not from the ground which is 2.8 feet, and 12 feet high, you can fit a few kids on here. However, consider the space a safety measure for the one or two jumpers. The kit includes a few extras, a rain cover, t-hooks and gloves for installation, and wind stakes to make sure the trampoline doesn’t fly away.
The trampoline includes a 10-year warranty for the frame and two years for the other parts. Defective parts are replaced for free. The UV mesh protects against the sun unless the sun is above the trampoline. Finally, this can hold up to 330 pounds for children six and over.
The rather large trampoline comes in three boxes which might not arrive at the same time. With so many boxes, you know the kit comes with a lot of pieces. Sadly, it also comes with pathetic instructions and almost no customer service for those who experience issues. The vast majority of customers did not have any of the issues.
- 【No Gap Design Eliminates Hazards】The 2020 upgrade no gap design eliminates hazard of getting your hands or feet caught in the gaps cause the jumping mat and spring cover are tightly sewn together. Also the springs are all covered with thick and durable pad. What’s more, comparing to the other trampolines, our new design expanded the jumping area.
- 【Hot-dip Galvanizing Technique & Heavy-duty Frame】Zupapa 2020 trampolines use the latest hot-dip galvanizing technology to make the frame anti-rust, more stable and durable. And our unique two steel joints design along with W-shaped legs provide a solid base for the whole trampoline. Max weight capacity up to 375 lbs. Comes with 6 pcs of wind stakes, make the trampoline stands stably even in storm.
- 【More Springs & Impressive bounce】 As we all know springs are the core of the trampoline, we have 12 more springs than other sellers to offer impressive bounce.
- 【Higher Quality Materials for Max Safety】Galvanized rust resistant springs(7 inch) offer impressive bounce. Anti-UV jumping mat (made of PP) provides more weight capacity. 8.9ft higher enclosure net (made of environmental PE) ensures absolute safety and fastness when jumping. And the poles are padded with 10mm foam, can protect your kids from banging against the steel pole.
- 【Enjoy This Risk Free Purchase】Unbeatable WARRANTY: 10 Years for Frame, 2 Year for Jumping Mat & Safety Pad Net & Springs, free replacement for other parts. Please Note: It comes with 3 boxed and they may not arrive at the same time.
Questions About Best Trampolines
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about trampolines for children:
How can I keep a trampoline from floating away on a windy day?
The best trampolines include wind stakes to help stay on the ground. However, wind can blow even the best trampolines might move to your neighbor’s yard with a lot of wind. If your favorite choice does not include wind stakes you can get an anchor set instead. Otherwise, you could purchase larges bags of sand or rocks to lie on top of the legs.
What is the best age to allow a kid to use a trampoline?
Never let a child under the age of three use a trampoline even the little kid trampolines. They cannot self-monitor to know when they are about to hit their head or fall. Nor do they have the dexterity to jump safely.
Basically, little kids act like little kids. If you let a toddler use a trampoline, do not leave the room. Not even to refill your coffee cup. They must have an adult watching them the entire time.
How many kids should I allow on the trampoline at one time?
Your child will be safest with only one child jumping at a time. If you have more than one person jumping on a trampoline at a time try to keep them as far apart as possible as more accidents happen when two or more people use a trampoline at a time.
Does my yard need to be level for a trampoline?
Yes! An un-level yard makes for an uneven jumping surface which will increase chances of falling and injury. If your yard is not level, you may want to consider leveling it before adding a trampoline or put the trampoline in the house if you have space.
What behavior should I not allow on a trampoline?
Do not allow any gymnastic exercises on a trampoline. Accidents happen when children act invincible. Most children can’t fly like superman or do stunts on a trampoline without getting a concussion.
Also, never let children jump on a wet trampoline. Water never made an unsafe surface safer. Make sure you have parental consent for any child who uses your trampoline. Ensure kids get in an out of the trampoline safely. Never let them climb or hang on the net or poles.
Do I need to monitor my older children when they are using the trampoline?
Always monitor children and even adults when they use the trampoline. Yes, even adults because trampolines are dangerous and adults get hurt more often than children. The best bet is not to jump unless a responsible adult is around to help in the case of an emergency.
How long does a trampoline take to setup?
The installation time differs greatly from one trampoline to another. But the larger the trampoline, the longer it takes. Trampolines for toddlers are fairly quick to setup, while larger trampolines for older children take more time. Here is a good YouTube video that walks through the installation of a larger trampoline:
If you only pick one trampoline, pick the SkyBound Trampoline . It’s small enough for most yards and even for smaller children with constant adult supervision. Also, all the safety measures like the concave design make this the safest option available. Finally, it’s the right size for one child which is the recommendation of most experts for trampolines.