The Top 7 Travel Bottle Warmers Reviewed
Whether feeding your baby breastmilk or formula, there are several factors worth considering for making the most of this bonding experience. Safety in storing and handling formula and breast milk is surely at the top of the list. But when it comes to feeding their little ones, most moms want to avoid giving their babies cold formula or milk.
The recommended method for warming milk by the medical community is to place the bottle under warm running water for a few minutes and testing the temperature before feeding. But many new parents want the convenience of faster and better technology to warm breast milk or formula. Enter the variety of bottle warmers. We’ve broken down what you need to know.
The Value in Bottle Warmers
Bottle warmers are nifty tools to help you get your crying baby feed in as little time as possible. Opened containers of formula and expresses breast milk must be refrigerated or frozen to preserve the quality. Many parents want to feed their babies formula or breast milk that is warmed to room temperature as some babies reject cold feedings. Bottle warmers can make meal time easier if you choose the one that’s right for your needs. There is an array of bottle warmers on the market today, according to style and method of warming.
Shapes, Sizes and Heating Methods
A bottle warmer can be the size of a toaster or a micro version meant for travel. Most of the bottle warmers on the market are electric models that conveniently plug into outlets or run on batteries. These devices may use steam, a water bath, a warming plate or a warming pouch to warm the formula or breast milk to a safe temperature.
While these bottle warmer heating methods are generally safe, it is always a good idea to check the temperature of the formula or milk by shaking the bottle and releasing a bit of formula on your wrist. If it feels just warm, then it is most likely safe for your baby.
Regardless of the technology that bottle warmers use, the medical community warns against overheating breast milk. Breast milk is way too easy to overheat and doing so can cause the breast milk loose a large portion of its nutritional value.
What to look for in a Quality Bottle Warmer
If you are feeding your little one expressed breast milk that has been frozen or refrigerated, you want a bottle warmer that avoids overheating. Determine if the warmer has mechanisms that keep the temperature of breast milk at levels below that that degrades breast milk.
Also, consider how long it takes to heat the formula or milk, whether there is a safety shutoff and whether various bottle sizes are accommodated. After all, you want to improve your response to a crying, hungry baby, not add to it. You want a unit that is easy to use with the right safety features that heats formula or breast milk to safe temperatures without hot spots.
For breast feeding moms who express milk for later use, it is important to not overheat breast milk. Look for bottle warmers with a timer, alarm or auto shutoff to keep milk or formula from overheating or shuts off when appropriate temperature has been reached.
Best Travel Bottle Warmers
This model is a favorite because it is easy to use along with the warming technology that keeps milk or formula from overheating. Equipped with a beep alert to let you know when heating is complete and an auto shutoff. As a bonus a sterilizer component is included.
- Gentle Warming is gentle on vital enzymes, these enzymes protects against germs and bacteria in Breastmilk. Speed Warms gets too hot and kills enzymes and allowing possible bacteria to grow
- STEPS TO USE THIS PRODUCT: Plug in warmer, it will beep to let you know power is connected. DO NOT PRESS RED BUTTON. To Activate screen, you MUST press desired function button "Gentle Warm" 40C/104F button, Then the unit will turn on and start to work. Also the other 2 function buttons can be pressed to get unit to work. Unit will not automatically start to work and unit screen will not turn on by pressing RED button, after plugging in MUST press Gentle Warm, Express Warm or Sterilize button.
- Fits all size bottles, Taller bottles may require removal of nipple allowing lid to close. **Bonus Sterilizer Basket Included** Simple to Use with Awesome Results
- Now with Maxx Elite's 8 Mins Smart Warming!!, MAXX ELITE'S "DIGITAL GENTLE WARM" and "STEADY WARM" Technology Combines to give you a warm bottle ready the instance your baby shows first signs of being ready for a feeding.
- NOTE: To avoid water overheating, please ensure that the plastic isolate plate that the bottle sits on must be placed inside warmer with the feet facing down This allows the sensors to read water temperature correctly!! Experience Frustration Free Feedings that allows for Rested and Happy Parents with Maxx Elite's New Digital Gentle Warm
Similar to its digital cousin, this Maxx Elite bottle warmer has the same warming technology to prevent overheating. Also includes bonus sterilization component.
- NOW WITH IMPROVED WARMING TIMES **BONUS STERILIZER BASKET NOW INCLUDED** SIMPLE TO USE, GENTLE WARMING, EFFECTIVE & IMPRESSIVE RESULTS. Frustration Free Feedings are possible when warming Breastmilk or Formula using Maxx Elite “Gentle Warm”.
- MAXX ELITE'S "GENTLE WARM" and "STEADY WARM" Technology Combines in our "2 Second Bottle" process to give you a warm bottle ready the instance your baby shows first signs of being ready for a feeding.
- FASTER WARMING BUT STILL “GENTLE WARM” feature is designed to preserve nutrients minerals and vitamins while warming Breastmilk or Formula. Based on studies and research we have found the optimum time and temperature that helps to preserve key nutrients. Auto-shut Off kicks in at the end of Sterilization cycle and at anytime water runs low inside warmer.
- “STEADY WARM” feature, you are not rushed, after the bottle has been warmed to the recommended temperature of 40°C/104°F, This technology will maintain the bottle to that temperature.
- WITH "STEADY WARM you can have bottle ready in 2 Seconds. Maxx Elite “Gentle Warm”. Frustration Free Feedings are here, meaning Happy babies, Happy and Rested Parents will be achieved.
This little dynamo is make for travel and requires no electricity to use. Its thermal flask keeps water bath warm to gently heat milk or formula. Fill it with hot water and it will stay warm for the on-the-go parents.
- Thermal flask securely stores hot water, for warming on the go
- Baby bottle travel warmer is portable and convenient, no electricity needed
- The securely fastened lid protects from leaks and spills
- The warmer's compact design should easily fit into baby's diaper bag
- Designed to hold Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature baby feeding bottles and all standard sized bottles
This brand can handle breast milk and formula, using a warm water bath to heat either to temperatures that meet guidelines published by the CDC. No worries with measuring or adding water with each use. These units are equipped with an auto shut off feature for safety.
- SAFE & EASY WARMING: The Kozii baby bottle warmer creates a flowing warm water bath (NOT dangerous steam) to quickly and gently thaw and warm breast milk according to CDC and USDA guidelines. Unlike other warmers, Kozii does not require that you measure or add water with each use. It uses an auto-shutoff feature, so when the time is up, the warmer shuts off and completely removes the heat source from the bottle.
- A GREAT BABY SHOWER GIFT: Every new mom knows convenience is key when it comes to feeding a baby. Kozii is a great way to heat up expressed breast milk, baby formula, or baby food as safely and quickly as possible. It’s an excellent product to use alongside other accessories, including a breast pump, bottle sterilizer, and bottle set. Put one of these baby registry best sellers on your registry today!
- UNIVERSAL WARMING CHAMBER: Kozii’s warming chamber is designed for bags, pouches, bottles, and jars alike and it’s great for first-time moms. It’s gentle enough to thaw frozen breast milk and powerful enough to heat up pureed baby food. It heats foods to the perfect temperature for Baby so you don’t have to worry about overheating. You’ll be able to use Kozii from birth through the toddler years.
- PRESERVES NUTRIENTS IN BREAST MILK: Breast milk is full of the great stuff! That’s why Kozii uses gentle heat to preserve the unique set of nutrients found in breast milk. You won’t have to worry about the integrity of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and white blood cells naturally occurring in a mother’s milk.
- WARMS MANY CONTAINERS & MATERIALS: Kozii can heat up virtually any reusable or disposable container including milk storage bags, milk pouches, baby bottles, food jars, or liner bottles. It can handle both frozen and thawed breast milk and is great for heating up baby formula. Bottle steamers can overheat easily and aren’t effective for all materials. That’s why Kozii uses gently flowing, warm water.
This warmer has a refillable water chamber for warming bottles as well as baby food. It comes equipped with a LCD control panel that’s easy to read. There is a signal that alerts when the warming cycle is complete.
- Easy-to-use LCD Control Panel features an easy-touch keypad plus a one-button start function
- Effectively warms several bottles before water refilling is necessary
- Audio and visual alerts let you know when warming cycle is complete
- Automatically shuts off after eight minutes plus features a cycle memory to repeat preferred heating time
- Adjustable basket fits different sized bottles. BPA free
Works well with different types of bottles and can handle breast milk and formula. The unit comes with an automatic shut-off to guard against overheating. The warmer is compact, quick and easy to use. Just add water using pre-measure water vials.
- MULTI-USE BOTTLE WARMER: Quickly warms breast milk, milk formula, baby food jars and sanitizes multiple pacifiers at once
- EASY TO USE: Prefill the water vial to desired amount and then store in warmer - no need to measure in the middle of the night!
- COMPACT BOTTLE WARMER: Compact size fits easily on counter so you can keep in nursery or on nightstand for easy access during the night
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST BABY BOTTLES: Works with most wide, narrow, angled and even disposable bottles
- Auto Shut Off
This brand uses steam to warm bottles and baby food. It can fit a variety of bottle sizes and includes a graduated tube for measuring the correct amount of water to use. This warmer has an automatic shutoff feature to let you know when heating is complete.
- EFFICIENT MILK BOTTLE WARMER: Steam heats baby bottle and food without hot spots
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Bottle Warmer with stable Non-skid Base; Automatically turns off when heating is complete
- PORTABLE BABY BOTTLE WARMER: Warming Chamber fits most of the bottles for babies and a basket for baby food jars and a graduated tube for measuring water to be steamed
- USES: Can be used for regular, angled, wide neck, disposable, and silicone bottles
- Made without BPA, Phthalate, and PVC; Plugs into standard US 110V outlet
Bottle warmers can make the process of bringing refrigerated formula or breast milk to room temperature quicker and more conveniently. The brand you choose is up to you and we’ve outlined some of the best products on the market. Whichever you choose, just remember that warming milk or formula in the microwave is not a good choice.
How To Use An Electric Bottle Warmer
Last Updated on