Top Travel System Strollers Reviewed
Infant car seat travel systems provide convenience and safety. The versatile product combines an infant car seat with a collapsible stroller. A travel system allows parents to easily transport the baby whether they’re driving or walking.Infant car seat travel systems can often be used throughout the infant and toddler years. That means that if you buy the right system, it will grow with your child. Below are the top infant car seat travel systems available in 2019.
How To Choose The Right Travel System Stroller
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends using a rear-facing car seat until children are 2 years old. An average baby will not reach 35 pounds until after age 2. A travel system with a higher weight limit will allow you to get more use out of the rear-facing seat. Make sure you check whether the infant car seat has a maximum height restriction.
Your travel system should fit well within your vehicle. Measure the length and width of the seat on which the infant carrier will rest to ensure that it will be appropriate. This is especially important if you’re putting more than one car seat in your vehicle.
The stroller should have the appropriate features for your lifestyle. An adequate stroller will fit well in your trunk and have enough cargo space to transport your diaper bag and other essentials. If you’ll be walking on rugged terrain, you’ll need to pay attention to the stroller’s wheel style. Larger wheels with more tread move better on rough surfaces.
Best Travel System Strollers
With so many strollers on the market it can be hard to pick the right one. To help you save some time we looked at the latest models, compared features, and also analyzed owner feedback. From that research we present our picks for the best travel system strollers:
This modular travel system is ideal if you’re looking for customizable transport options. Combining a car seat and stroller, parents can rest assured that the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System offers a high degree of protection. Featuring the Sarema Infant Car Seat and Safe Zone Base, it meets safety standards and provides a high level of comfort too.
With six different modes, this Evenflo model is effortlessly versatile. Users are overwhelmingly impressed with just how easy it is to modify the travel system and switch from one mode to another. Whilst many travel systems claim to offer easy adjustments, it seems that the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System really does!
The seat easily converts into a frame stroller, carriage or travel system, whilst the reversible mode enables the infant to face inwards or outwards. In addition to this, the Evenflo system comes with a blanket boot, over-sized storage basket, large canopy, and removable arm bar to enhance comfort and increase freedom when you’re taking the baby in or out of the stroller.
A removable tray makes it easy to provide snacks whilst you’re out and about, and the cruiser tires mean you can get across almost any type of terrain. With an impressive array of features, the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is a top pick among parents.
- FLEXIBLE INFANT TRAVEL SYSTEM: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is a car seat and stroller combo featuring the Sarema Infant Car Seat and Safe Zone Base, infused with parent- and child-friendly accessories.
- VERSATILE & LIGHTWEIGHT: The Evenflo 3-piece stroller set features a modular frame with 6 modes. The reversible mode permits your baby to face in or out, while the seat converts to carriage, frame stroller, or travel system mode with ease.
- EASY INFANT CAR SEAT TRANSFER: This car seat and stroller combo has been designed with a stay-in-car base that allows for a quick and safe infant car seat connection from stroller to car and vice-versa.
- MULTIPLE HANDY FEATURES: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System also includes an oversized storage basket, a safe-zone base, and a blanket boot. A large canopy and removable arm bar make baby transfer easier and improve comfort.
- TRUSTED FOR NEARLY 100 YEARS: Evenflo has been a trusted source of quality-built child-safety systems for almost 100 years. The real-life design that goes into each of our products has been engineered for everyday use.
Designed for jogging, the Baby Trend Expedition system is a hit with parents and caregivers who want to maintain their fitness levels while juggling childcare. Featuring 12” front and 16” rear all-terrain tires, this is a travel system that is built to cope with any environment. Whether you’re jogging around the block or heading out on trails, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System will accompany you with ease.
The easy trigger fold means the stroller can be collapsed in seconds, and happy parents report that its compact size makes it easier to store when you’re out and about in the car or when you’re short on space at home.
As well as advanced safety features, the Baby Trend Expedition system has a lot to offer in terms of comfort. Two drinks holders and storage compartment ensure you can carry everything you need, whilst the ergonomically shaped, extra wide foam padded handle makes the stroller easy to maneuver when you’re pounding the pavements.
- Stroller is for a child from birth up to 50lbs, Max height limit is 42" tall
- Stroller has multi-position reclining padded seat with a 5-point harness and lightweight steel frame
- 16" rear and 12"front all terrain bicycle tires, with front swivel and locking wheel for easy jogging or strolling
- Ez-Flex Lock 5 point harness car seat is rear facing for a newborn 4 to 30 lbs up to 30"
- Car seat is latch equipped for easy installation with EPS energy absorbing foamfor superior side impact protection
Combining the Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 35 infant car seat with Graco’s speedy stroller, the Fastaction Travel System is one of the more popular systems on the market. Although most parents find it takes a little longer to collapse than the one second advertised, it’s by no means tricky to handle.
The deluxe, padded, reclining seat ensures maximum comfort for infants, whilst the locking front wheel provides extra stability when you’re switching between walking and jogging. The air inflated ties make this model a great option if you routinely travel over bumpy terrain or if you plan on using the stroller in a variety of different environments. However, some buyers have noted that the tires need to be re-inflated somewhat frequently. Whilst a straightforward pump will do the job, this may be a hassle you want to avoid.
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 LX Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 lb and up to 32"
- One second, one hand fold provides the Ultimate in convenience for moms on the go
- Air filled rubber tires offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
- Locking front swivel wheel provides an Easy transition from daily strolling to jogging
- Deluxe, padded, Multi position reclining seat for baby's comfort
Also designed for jogging parents, the Graco Modes Jogger SE Travel System has proved to be a hit with fitness enthusiasts. Acting as a reversible infant carrier, bassinet and toddler seat, the Jogger SE Travel System can be used for a relatively long period of time, as your child goes from being an infant to becoming a toddler.
The extra-large storage basket is handy if you out shopping with your children in tow, although this may be unnecessary if you plan on using this Graco model to facilitate power walking or jogging.
Again, Graco’s air filled tires have received mixed reports. Whilst most people are impressed with their capabilities when fully inflated, the risk of having to carry a pump with you may put you off this particular model.
Despite this, the stylish design and safety aspects of the Jogger SE ensure that this model from Graco remains a popular choice among parents and caregivers.
- Stroller offers 7 different riding positions, giving mom all the options she needs as the child grows
- The travel system includes Graco SnugRide SnugLock 30 Infant Car Seat, rear facing from 4-30 pounds, which attaches directly to stroller frame
- The reversible modular stroller seat allows baby to face you or the world, with multi-position recline for added comfort
- Reclining seat converts to cozy infant bassinet for on-the-go comfort for baby
- Air-filled rubber tires offer a smooth ride with 3 wheel suspension
If the potential of a flat tire has put you off other Graco models, it might be time to try the Aire4 XT system. Featuring never-flat tires, you rely on this model from Graco to remain functional without the need for a pump. Furthermore, the suspension and locking front swivel wheel provide extra control and stability, regardless of what terrain you’re on.
With three and five-point harnesses, the Aire4 XT makes it easy to transition as your child grows and the handy storage compartments on the parental console provide a useful place to store your essentials when you’re away from home.
A major advantage associated with the Aire4XT Travel System is its use of performance-grade materials. If you love the outdoors, the reflective material helps to increase safety and ensures the stroller remains visible at all times, even in low light.
Having been vigorously tested, the Aire4 XT provides superior comfort and protection for your infant. Designed to withstand a variety of different impacts, the SnugRide SnugLock 35 Infant Car Seat will give you peace of mind and your child the comfort they deserve.
- Includes the Graco Snug Ride Snug Lock 35 Infant Car Seat, for rear-facing infants from 4-35 pounds and up to 32 inches
- Never-flat tires, locking front swivel wheels, and suspension for a smooth ride on any surface
- Extended canopy with UV 50 sun protection to keep baby shaded from the sun's harmful rays
- Performance-grade fabrics to meet your outdoor needs and reflective material for visibility in low light
- One-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for moms on the go, so exploring with baby is always easy
Built-in lock offs makes the B-Lively system easy to use and straightforward to install in your vehicle. The B Safe 35 Infant Car Seat is built around an energy-absorbing shell and also offers side impact protection and an impact protection base, for added safety.
Like many travel systems, the Britax B-Lively integrates a canopy for protection from the weather on sunny or windy days. However, a simple feature may put the B-Lively system ahead of the rest. As well as offering UV50+ protection from the sun, the canopy features a handy peek-a-boo window. When your child is rear-facing in the stroller, this enables you to engage with them without removing the canopy, which means you can keep an eye on your little one and keep them protected from the weather at the same time.
Lightweight in design, the vast majority of users report that the Britax B-Lively stroller fits their needs perfectly. Easy to maneuver, collapse and carry, it’s easy to see why many parents maintain it’s the best travel system they’ve found.
- Travel System includes B Safe 35 Infant Car Seat and base, B Lively Stroller, and car seat adapters
- Surrounded in safety: Car seat has a layer of side impact protection, steel frame, and impact absorbing base
- Modern lightweight stroller design has one hand quick fold for easy transport, extra large storage basket, quiet peek a boo window, and large UV 50 plus canopy
- Relax and Recline: Ensure the best vehicle installation and accommodate sleeping children; install with LATCH or built in seat belt lock offs to secure the infant car seat. Shoulder width - 15 inches
- Fit: B Safe 35 Infant Car Seat rear facing 4 to 35 pounds, seat area 13 inches D, 8.75 inches W; dimensions 17.75 x 25 x 26.5 inches (WxHxD); B Lively Stroller birth to 55 pounds; maximum unfolded dimensions 40 x 24 x 39.5 inches (LxWxH)
QuickClick technology makes it easy to collapse or erect the stroller, and most parents find that Disney’s claims ring true when it comes to putting the stroller to use. Of course, safety is your first priority as a parent and that’s why many buyers report choosing the Amble Quad Travel System.
The infant car seat is compliant with ASTM standards, whilst the travel system stroller is JPMA-certified. The seat also offers exceptional levels of side protection, so you can be sure that you’re giving your little one the best protection possible.
Whilst user reviews are overwhelmingly positive for the Disney Amble Quad Travel System, some buyers have found it a little tricky to use when in tight spaces, such as small shops or busy environments. Although it’s light and easy to maneuver, some people find that it’s a little too cumbersome, even when collapsed.
Although you may prefer a more compact option for when you’re out shopping, for example, this model from Disney is perfect for walking outdoors, protecting your infant and looking great!
- Built with innovative QuickClick technology for a seamless transition from car seat to stroller, this delightful all-in-one travel system features Disney's Garden Delight and Minnie Mouse pattern
- The included OnBoard 22 LT rear-facing infant car seat features exceptional side-impact protection and an adjustable stay-in-car base. The product is compatible with all makes/models of a vehicle
- Extend the quilted canopy with peek-a-boo window for shade and airflow on sunny days. Store baby items in the convenient basket under the stroller
- Designed for travel, the stroller is lightweight, has a fast, one-hand fold, and stands on its own when folded
- A five-point safety harness keeps children up to 50 pounds safe and secure with adjustable harness heights to provide a customized fit
With three separate elements, the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System is comprised of the Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base, as well as the Bravo stroller. The stroller’s auto-positioning wheels and one-hold fold mechanism means that it’s easy to maneuver and collapse.
Indeed, people who have purchased the Chicco Bravo system tend to report that it’s one-hold fold mechanism really does offer what it promises! Easy to handle and simple to store upright, you can open and close the stroller with one simple movement.
In addition to this, most people report that the Chicco Bravo system is surprisingly lightweight. When you’re pushing around a stroller for long periods of time, this can make a significant difference to the comfort levels you experience. Fortunately, the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System is as comfortable for parents as it is for infants.
Also offering ample storage, you can fit your drinks nearly into the handy cup holders and store other essentials away whilst the stroller is in use. If you’re outdoorsy or you plan on exploring with your baby in tow, you’ll be pleased to learn that the wheels on the Chicco Bravo system are capable of contending with almost any type of terrain.
Routinely competing with premium brands on the market, the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System often outshines other brands and receives overwhelmingly positive feedback from buyers and purchasers.
- The Chicco Bravo Trio System Includes Bravo Stroller, Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base
- Stroller features removable seat for easy transformation into a stylish frame carrier for the Key Fit.A gorgeously woven jacquard in a delightful polka dot pattern is paired with warm grey and delicate pink accents, creating a feminine look that is oh-so-inviting
- Stroller features one-hand fold, auto-positioning wheels and a self-standing compact folded position
- Stroller includes a convenient parent tray with storage and cup holders. Usage:For Children up to 50 pounds
- Designed exclusively for use with Chicco Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat. For infants from 4 to 30 pounds and up to 30 inches in height
As well as providing additional neck and back support for newborns, the 35 LT rear facing infant car seat featured in this travel system provides extensive side impact protection, in the event of an accident.
With safety being your top priority when choosing a car seat, you’ll be glad to know that the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System exceeds all relevant safety standards and outperforms many other models too.
The five-point safety harness has four adjustable heights, so it can grow with your child and afford them the protection they need as they get older.
Both the stroller and the car seat have been described as, ‘super light’, so you may find that the Safety 1st travel system is right for you if you’re looking for a lightweight stroller and car seat that are easy to carry.
If you’re a frequent flier, it’s also handy to know that the car seat can be taken on airplanes too. Whilst you may not use this feature every day, it’s certainly useful to know you’ve got the option, if and when you decide to travel with your baby.
Safety 1st has clearly designed the Smooth Ride Travel System with parents in mind, as well as infants. Along with a parent tray, child tray and extra-large basket, the stroller even features ‘flip-flop friendly brakes’. Ideal for daily strolls and longer walks, the Smooth Ride Travel System is a fantastic all-round stroller.
- This Safety 1st all in 1 travel system allows for a seamless transition from car to stroller; QuickClick technology secures the LATCH equipped car seat to the stroller without disturbing your baby
- With exceptional side impact protection, the included 35 LT rear facing infant car seat includes added back and neck support for newborns
- An oversized canopy with flip out visor and peek a boo window provides shade and airflow on sunny days and a convenient basket under the seat provides storage for baby items
- Designed for travel, the stroller is lightweight, has a fast, 1 hand fold, and stands on its own when folded
- A 5 point safety harness keeps children up to 50 pounds (in stroller mode) or up to 35 pounds (in car seat mode) safe and secure, with adjustable harness heights to provide a customized fit
What To Look For In Travel Strollers
A balance between versatility and protection is important when selecting an infant car seat travel system. All of the products reviewed here are easy to use and adhere to at least the standard safety protocol. Personal preference regarding appearance, function and price may be the determining factor in your selection.