The Top Waist Trainers, Cinchers, and Corsets Reviewed
In Victorian times, a lady wouldn’t dare be seen in public without a corset, and although that particular “extreme” of fashion has fallen by the wayside, a gentler variation is making resurgence in popularity.
The waist cincher, or waist trainer, is essentially a modernized version of the corset, improving wearers’ posture. Celebrities like the Kardashians, as well as women in almost every other walk of life are sporting them.
Many women enjoy the instantly slimming effect, including the ability to fit better (and look better) in their clothes. Whether a wearer has turned to a waist trimmer to tame a problem area, or to help her slip back into her regular clothes in postpartum months, the cincher has an instantaneous effect.
Today’s cinchers are kinder and more comfortable than their Victorian predecessors, with flexible ribbing and stretchable fabrics. Health professionals simply caution that their use should not be taken to extremes, just as any diet or exercise regime should be practiced with healthy moderation.
Best Waist Trainers
This hot little number is available in sizes ranging from extra small to multiple X, and in colors including black, red, and beige. Its dual layer composition (soft cotton on the inside, sturdy latex on the outside) makes it comfortable as well as functional. With hooks up the front, it reaches from hip to bra bottom, ensuring that there won’t be any unsightly bulges in a space between where the top edge ends and the bra begins.
The Ann Chery product recommendation includes the somewhat unusual suggestion that this waist cincher be worn during cardio workouts. With its latex layer, it certainly does promote perspiration as a method of excreting toxins and water weight, although its tight fit around the rib cage could constrict its wearer’s ability to breathe deeply during exercise.
- Waist cincher featuring hook-and-eye closure with covered boning in front and back for support, smooth lines, and high compression
- Inner layer constructed from soft cotton. Outer layer of durable, high-resistance latex.
The Squeem brand has been creating garments for body shaping for more than three decades, making this company a mainstay (if you’ll excuse the pun) in the industry. Recommended for comfortable wear for as long as ten hours per day, this garment is suggested for uses including relief of back pain and recovery from postpartum shapelessness.
The Squeem waist trainer is available in a palette of colors, including black, beige, royal blue, hot pink, and bright purple. Its two layers keep soft cotton against the wearer’s skin while shoring up the posture and tucking in the tummy with the outer latex rubber. Flexible ribbing keeps the waist trainer from pinching or rolling at the edges, while simultaneously helping the wearer to keep a sexy hourglass outline.
- CURVE CREATING WITH COMFORT: The strapless waist cincher offers incredible waist shaping and tummy control, without compromising comfort. It sheds inches from the midsection area and enhances your natural curves, immediately after putting it on, helping you feel sexy and comfortable all day long. If you are a new mom, Squeem is the ONLY cincher you'll actually want to wear on postpartum recovery.
- DISCREET UNDER CLOTHES: The most discreet high compression shapewear you will ever try. Wear it under any dress, skirt, or top without giving away your secret. Feel more confident with your own curvy body.
- IMPROVED POSTURE: Squeem Perfectly Curvy Waist Cincher's unique design and internal flexible steel bones offer amazing back support and improve posture while moderately lifting the breasts.
- WHY DOES IT FEEL SO COMFORTABLE? Our intelligent proprietary fabric is composed of 75% natural rubber and 25% cotton, which allows the garment to adapt to every sensual size and shape. The premium waist cincher comfortably contours the midsection, with a boned stainless steel interior for superior support and posture. We have been re-envisioning women's shapewear from an unmistakably Brazilian point of view, upholding a tradition of quality and attention to detail since 1936.
- HOW DO I WEAR MY SQUEEM? Perfectly Curvy Waist Cincher is a corset-style braless waist-cincher that instantly reduces inches from your waist. Wear it under that sexy backless party dress, or even to define your silhouette under your favorite strapless tank top. The double row hook & eye offers adjustable compression levels to a perfect fit. It's sleek surface guarantees it won't stick to your garments. A smooth finishing reduces visible lines. Also perfect for maternity postpartum belly wrap.
Some of the standout features of Genluna corset are its color selection and its triple row of hooks for waist training. Unlike the brands that only offer two or three colors (usually black and beige), Genluna has a regular rainbow of pink, purple, blue, red, orange, ivory, and even patterns like a multicolored zigzag and a leopard print.
The triple layers of hook and eye closures enable the wearer to cinch the trainer tighter, row by row, as their waist size decreases with use.
- Please check our size chart on the each color's left size pictures, instead of amazon size chart; Choose the size based on your waist size; This is not US size, please don't compare with general clothes's size
- Womens latex waist trainer shapewear; Spiral steel boned for waist cincher support and keep you in best posture which is flexible and durable, as soft as plastic bones, can bend easily but recover quickly to origin; If you worried about steel boned or not, you can test it with a magnet
- Steel boned waist cincher underbust corset, help for tummy control or hourglass shape, front with 3 rows of hook and eye closure to keep a tight fit, around your waist to achieve long lasting waist training effect of lose weight
- High compression latex shapewear great for pregnant women postpartum tummy control, also, it works for sports fans as a running sport gym outfit, whatever you are long torso or short torso, take this body shapers as your clothing under t-shirt, it helps to reduce at least 2 inches in waist
- Wearing tips: you need to shrink your belly before wearing this trainer corset, and it's a best choice to wear with other people's help when the waist trainer is so tight; Washing tips: hand wash separately in cold water, do not use machine
Like the Genluna, the Fajastec waist cincher sports three rows of hooks and fasteners so you can gradually tighten up your waist without having to buy a whole new garment each time. Flexible boning at both back and front helps the garment (and the wearer) hold shape even for all day use.
Available in black and pink, this cincher follows the common trend of keeping cotton against the skin and latex facing outward.
- Latex Covered in cotton
- Helps to lose weight faster.
- Two flexible boning rods are added in the front and in the back of the garment to ensure that the waist cincher stays in place. The flexibility of the rods allows free movement of your body and additional comfort.
- Three rows of hooks allow for the size adjustment for the shrinking midsection. Longer in the torso to provide slimming through the lower back and lower abdomen. You can enjoy wearing this garment for a night out, working out or waist training to lose inches.
Unlike the models that are advertised primarily as shape trainers, the Uhnice Workout Corset is marketed with a specific nod to wearing during workouts. The inner layer is made of latex where other models line their garments with cotton.
While this will inevitably feel a little less comfortable, it optimizes the wearer’s perspiration and excretion of toxins through the skin pores. Used as an aid to weight loss, the garment can still do double duty as a shape controller and posture assistant.
- Inner layer constructed with soft and cozy cotton fabric; utter layer of durable latex provides high resistance to slim curve.
- Garment Care: To Avoid Damaging the Corset, Hand Wash or Clean with Wet Cloth, Hang to Dry.
- Adjustable 3 Rows Hook and Eye Closures to Keep a Tight Fit.Shape your body with a latex waist training corset that won't suffocate you.
- Uhnice waist trainer shaper is perfect for everyday use and to recover your waistline after giving birth. This exercise waist trainer for weight loss will help you reduce your size and control your figure.
- Please refer to the size measurement below before buying (Please allow 1-2cm differs due to manual measurement.)
The Ursula waist cincher comes in three products (blue, pink, and purple) with triple rows of hook and eye closures so you can adjust the fit as your waist trims down. The inner layer of fabric is a cotton spandex blend, and the outer latex layer is advertised as odorless, which is a plus for those who don’t like the new rubber smell of some waist trainers.
- Original Colombian design and technology, high quality manufacture and fair trade. Don't be fooled by cheap Chinese imitations. Authentic Ursula fajas are sold by Five Big Stars only. NOTE improved images displaying with new models from our April 2016 photo shoot.
- All sizes have been confirmed to fit. BUYER NEEDS TO USE TAPE MEASURE TO CONFIRM HER ACCURATE WAIST SIZE BEFORE ORDERING to prevent ordering wrong size. DO NOT GO BY YOUR CLOTHES SIZE, HEIGHT OR WEIGHT.
- STEEL FLEXIBLE BONING (2 at front and 2 at back) for extra support prevents garment from rolling up or down and bends with your body to prevent poking into skin. NO-SLIP INNER COTTON LINING; latex does not touch skin.
- IMPROVES FIGURE by instantly controlling bulges and slimming body. Compression trains waist to smaller size and latex BOOSTS THERMAL ACTIVITY during exercise, STIMULATING FAT LOSS.
- 2 torso height options for standard (11" high) or long (13.75" high) coverage. Delicate seams and small hooks and eyes closure make it a discreet garment for wearing under clothes.
The Ann Chery vest differs from many waist cinchers in that it provides a fuller back, along with straps similar to those of a sports bra. Wearers who are self-conscious about “back fat” love the full coverage of this garment, which keeps rolls tucked in back as well as front.
Ordering Your Own Waist Trainer
Regardless of what brand or model you choose, users recommend ordering by the manufacturer’s size chart rather than the clothing size you are accustomed to wearing, for the simple reason that the waist cincher will reduce the size you wear!
It is intended to be snug, particularly for a new wearer, but it enables you to fit into a smaller size of clothing while wearing it (and after regular use, to fit into that smaller size, even without it)
Does Waist Training Really Work?
Last Updated on