Top Cloth Diapers And Pails Reviewed
Cloth diapering is making a comeback in the parenting world after taking second place to disposable diapers for the last 30 years.
This means that there is a long list of options to choose from when you are shopping for cloth diapers and pail to go with them.
But with disposable diapers dominating the market for so long, many new moms might not even know what to look for when shopping for cloth diapers.
So to help you ask the right questions and make the best decisions for you and your baby, we’ve put together this cloth diaper buyers guide.
What To Look For In Cloth Diapers
Choosing the right cloth diapers for you and your child depends on three things: the quality, the convenience, and what you can afford.
There are seven types of cloth diapers to choose from.
- Flats and Prefold: A simple piece of fabric that you have to fold and pin.
- Contoured: Similar to the Prefold except they are shaped to be a better fit.
- Fitted: Equipped with elastic at the openings and a means to secure it such as Velcro or snaps.
- All-In-One: Include a waterproof cover, elastic, and fasteners.
- Pocket Diapers: Similar to All-In-One except you must place a liner inside the pocket.
- All-In-Twos: Similar to pocket diapers minus the pocket, you simply lay liner in the middle and replace when needed.
- Doublers and Liners (Bonus): Inserts to provide extra-absorbency
The Best Cloth Diapers
We’ve gone through the different offerings from a number of cloth diaper manufacturers, and after comparing features and owner feedback these are our choices for the best cloth diapers:
Current Rating: 4.5
Price: Price not available
This All-In-Two diaper offers waterproof fabric, snaps for easy closure, and a comfortable fit around the legs and waist. Customer’s say that the snaps are more manageable than the hook & loop fasteners because they offer a stronger hold and are less likely to break. This diaper is affordable, easy to use, and comes in a variety of attractive designs.
- For an easy to use All-in Two diaper, pair with our Stay Dry Duo Insert
- Pliable, breathable ultra-comfortable waterproof fabric
- Wipe wrap clean between diaper changes
- Leg gussets for advanced leak protection
- Trim fit
Current Rating: 3.9
Price: Price not available
This diaper offers leak protection and sides that stretch. Stretch is a convenient feature because it allows the child to use the diaper longer than average diapers. This diaper is accompanied by two reusable liners, one in infant size and one in average size. The weight requirement is between 7 and 35 pounds. This flexibility will allow your child to use this diaper well into their toddler years.
- Patent pending leak-proof outer cover and stretch-to-fit sides for a custom shape and fit.
- Easy-to-use snap closures.
- One- step cloth diaper - no stuffing
- Semi-attached, Stay-Dry inserts dry faster and allow for customized absorbency where your child needs it most.
- Patent pending 3 x 3 adjustable snap system to fit most babies from birth to potty training . Fits most babies 7-35+ pounds.
Current Rating: 4.6
This diaper offers a stay-dry fleece liner that claims to be helpful for babies who get rashes from wetness. It is equipped with four layers of absorbency, two are microfiber and two are bamboo. The charcoal bamboo feature offers an antibacterial and anti-fungal barrier. This is a new feature in the cloth diaper world and is a quality feature for babies with extra sensitivity. This diaper also has a leak guard in the front for babies who are prone to sleeping on their stomach. Overall, this diaper has the best qualities available at an affordable price.
- One Size fit 0-2 Year Babies: Diapers with adjustable snaps fits babies or toddlers from 7 to 33 pounds and grows with your little one. You can adjust the diaper to your desired size (S, M or L) by snapping onto different rows of buttons on the diaper.
- Save Money & Environmental-Friendly: Cloth diapers with inserts are less expensive than disposable diapers and reduces less waste. Our cloth diapers are completely free of dioxins, sodium polyacrylate and other chemicals, or contain any BPA, Phthalate, Latex or Lead as well.
- Strong Absorbency with Breathability: These diapers are reusable and fully machine washable, and will become more absorbent when they are washed. The microfiber inserts are of high softness and comfort, keeping your baby's skin dry and avoiding less rashes.
- Water-proof & Leak-Free: The outer layer is made of polyester with waterproof and breathable TPU. Leg gussets are against most of the leaks and comfortable elastic around the waist and legs to prevent leaking.
- Packing List:6pcs diapers + 6pcs microfiber inserts+4pcs 3-layer bamboo inserts.
What To Look For When Shopping For Cloth Diaper Pails
Purchasing a diaper pail for your cloth diapers is essential because you will not want to add those dirty diapers to your other laundry. There are two types of pails on the market: wet and dry.
Wet pails soak diapers in water, vinegar, and baking soda while awaiting washing. Dry pails use a bag to contain the diapers until it is time to wash. You will first need to decide if you want to use a soaking system for your diapers. Using a wet pail means that you need to wash the diapers more often. Dry containment systems allow you to wash diapers every 2-3 days. When you are shopping for your cloth diaper pail, you will want to look for three specific features.
- Air-tight seal: To avoid smelling the dirty diapers all the time.
- Lid with a lock: To avoid little children getting into the diaper pail.
- Compatibility with cloth bags: To enable you to wash the bag instead of buying refills.
The Best Cloth Diaper Pails
Current Rating: 4.1
This cloth diaper pail is equipped with a carbon filter that keeps odors under control. This feature is valuable because it is replaceable and secure. The pail is 11.38 x 11.38 x 14.25 inches and made of recycled plastic. It boasts the title of the most eco-friendly pail on the market and also offers strong lid clamps to keep children from getting inside.
- Only pail specifically designed for cloth diapers
- Carbon filter lets air in and keeps odors from escaping
- Strong clamp closure. Made from recycled plastic and recyclable!
- Dimensions: 11.38"L x 11.38"W x 14.25"H
- Teddy Bear filter cage holds carbon filter and screws together through hole in the lid
Current Rating: 4.3
Price: Price not available
This pail can be used for either cloth or disposable diapers. They offer the option to purchase washable liners for cloth diaper users. This pail is 22.2 x 13.5 x 9.5 inches and is made of scratch-resistant plastic. Its customers all agree that the odor protection is superior to many of the other pails on the market. This is due to the triple odor control seals lining the inside of the pail. Another valuable feature is the pedal-operated lid for convenience.
- Hands-Free Disposal: Simply step on the pedal and the lid opens
- Minimizes Odors: Unique trap door design prevents odors from escaping into your nursery
- Contemporary Design: Use anywhere in your home or as regular garbage can after diapers are done.
- Also Great for Pet Owners: Popular with dog owners, for kitty litter or in the garage!
- Holds up to 580 newborn baby diapers
Current Rating: 4.3
This pail is usable with both types of diapers and its steel is powder-coated to aid in odor control. It also offers rubber seals and a sliding lid technology. It has a child safety lock, a delayed closing lid, and is available in 10 different colors. Another convenience offered by this product is its compatibility with an array of containment bags, including washable cloth bags.
- SAVE MONEY – NO NEED TO BUY SPECIAL BAGS: No special bags, refills or inserts are required with the Ubbi diaper pail saving time and money unlike other pail on the market
- MOST AWARD WINNING DIAPER PAIL: The Ubbi diaper pail won NINE awards proving parents and experts approval
- STEEL LOCKS IN ODOR: Unlike plastic, steel is not porous and keeps the smell shielded inside, Care - Spot or wipe clean
- NO SPECIAL MECHANISM – SIMPLICITY WORKS BEST: Ready right out of the box, simple to use and not prone to breakage
- CHILDPROOF LOCK: Keeps little hands from finding their way inside the Ubbi diaper pail ; eco-friendly
Using Cloth Diapers And Pails
Choosing the right cloth diapers and containment pail can be frustrating if you do not know what qualities are important. When you are deciding which diapers fit your child, remember to consider convenience and price first. The same goes for you diaper containment pail. If you’ve never seen cloth diapers in action, here is a good YouTube video that lays out the whole usage process:
Every child is different and has different needs, it may take some trial and error to decide which diaper suits your child’s the best. This list shows the top rated products available for cloth diapering parents. All of these options are affordable, versatile, and come with a multitude of features to make diapering your child a breeze.
Last Updated on